Vic record keeping of bluetongues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levold

Reaction score
Quick question for Victorian Bluetongue keepers. Do we need to record our Blueys in our record book?
I was under the belief that we didn't have to, BUT
when i bought my Eastern and Blotchy Blueys, the petshop took my licence details and listed it in their book. But they didnt give me their licence number.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks

You also need to keep a record of all legitimately purchased animals whether they're on license or not.

Please refer to site rules and also your licence keeping rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is illegal to catch and keep wildlife. Read the term on your license.

Reptiles4me
Do you advocate the poaching of animals from the wild?
Did you at least quarantine the animal?

Then you will have a problem if inspected as you will not be able to supply details of who you purchased it from!
It is illegal to remove any wildlife from the environment without the correct permits (poaching) and Victoria does not issue collection permits to anyone other than research institutions.

Taken from site rules

15.No member may make a post, thread or visitor message that encourages others to break any law, or promotes illegal activity (for example, keeping without a licence, illegally taking animals from the wild, smuggling, wiring your own cages, feeding live rodents or freezing live rodents)

lol this is funny cant believe some people dont know you arnt allowed to take animals from the wild lol

in vic marbeld gecko and bluetongue dont require license but you cannot take animals from the wild and if you purchase a from a store you just need a form of I.d

Ok he will be realised back into the wild. :(At least he will be free;)besides that I won't get into trouble then

- - - Updated - - -

Hey buy the way when you buy an animal how come sometimes you get the option of the animal being captive bred or wild caught. I'm from vic in case the laws are different depending on which state you come from?

In some states you can get a special permit that allows certain people to catch wildlife and bring them into captivity. VIC only gives out this type of license to research facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back