Victoria police strip a womans clothes off!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofoula88

Reaction score
Victoria Police have been criticised after tent dress torn off Occupy protester.
POLICE have come under fire for stripping an Occupy Melbourne protester down to her underwear and leaving her crying on the ground.

I'm not sure if I can post links up here or not but you can go to YouTube and type in "Victoria police tent" and the vid will come up and you can see this ridiculous and outrageous behaiviour for yourselves..

Wearing a tent out in public is pretty outrageous I suppose...

right or wrong, looks like she was asking for it.
If they couldn't have tents...she was being like a smart alec child by trying to wear one to "bend" the rules.

Sure, she shouldnt have been stripped...but who knew she'd be starkers.

Hahaha who gave the crazy people a voice lol, ohh wait we did by giving them news time

Gee, she'll have to buy another tent now. Damn consumerism.

On a serious note, did Occupy Melbourne really think their would be any other outcome? Of course not, that's why they did it.

Hey I recognise the futility but I did get a bellylaugh yesterday when the cops tried to confiscate tents and they ran away! Ha ha ha.

If you never ran amok you failed your youth IMO.

And the fashion police are bad enough, I dont want the erm real police dictating my dress code.

Last edited:
Too be honest I don't know why they don't just let them camp somewhere. They let the Albert Park protesters do their thing for years until they slowly drifted away. No harm done there.

I thought it was hilarious when they said "somebody call the police" um
you're surrounded by them

Thats pretty poor form from the Coppers
Booooooooooo

Bending the rules, since when did we go from a democracy where peaceful protest is a right to a police state were the police can strip someone they feel is dressed inappropriately. Hippy or not, and whether you agree with the protest or not this is just wrong.

Little John changed the laws to allow, for the first time ever, Australian troops to be able to shoot Australian citizens, supposedly in the defence of foreign dignitaries at a meeting.
The law stands.

A pox on him for all time. To me that was a monumentaly ugly and traitorous law to be passed by the supposed representatives of the population.

Will I be seached for possible dome tents now? Can they take off the one I'm wearing to check I'm not concealing a couple more?

Gee, she'll have to buy another tent now. Damn consumerism.

On a serious note, did Occupy Melbourne really think their would be any other outcome? Of course not, that's why they did it.

would you rather people start blowing stuff up to get your attention?

Bending the rules, since when did we go from a democracy where peaceful protest is a right to a police state were the police can strip someone they feel is dressed inappropriately. Hippy or not, and whether you agree with the protest or not this is just wrong.

I'd like to know this as well, if protesters aren't hurting anyone, nor are they disrupting traffics on a road (and even then there are times it's warranted) then what the hell? I'm starting to really worry about the police and their powers these days, too often they over react and too often they abuse powers given for other things, it's getting a bit scary to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
would you rather people start blowing stuff up to get your attention?

Of course not. Don't be ridiculous. This has become a tit for tat demonstration between a few idealistic protesters and a draconian lord mayor. I'm not sure what it draws attention to though, other than over the top police powers. Is that what they're protesting about now? I don't know.

Last edited:
They're protesting the unfairness and or injustice of the world. As you do when the passion is strong. All good for me.

If you've never railed against the wrongs, Jack you dead!

If you contributed to a positive change....respect.

That people can have fun, especially at/ with the authorities, is a hard won Aussie trait that is being eroded around the country imo
Chuck a brown eye you mob! Be what you wanna be.... and repect what others wanna be.

have either of you actually read the articles on this? or bothered to go check their web site out? for all you know, their protest could impact directly on your life! might pay you to do some investigating eh?

the draconian city council is reason enough to protest, if you only knew half the BS they do grr

And I've been there and done it Steve. I marched against Kennett when he got rid of workers common law rights and I stuck it out with the MUA mob when Reith and Corrigan tried to have their way on the docks.

I've got nothing against people expressing their views.

I've been following the protest more closely than you may believe Recharge.

And I've been there and done it Steve. I marched against Kennett when he got rid of workers common law rights and I stuck it out with the MUA mob when Reith and Corrigan tried to have their way on the docks.

I've got nothing against people expressing their views.

I'm with you brother.

My fights have been environmental or cultural and I dont mind taking it to the top if I get no real compassion/communication with the underlings.

In theory (and often actually) we can impliment change without a bloody revolution, but only if enough people stay strong enough to actually make the challenges to the fat cats. If we all wobble off into a fuzzy television supermarket dream we'll be in chains before you can say National Emergency.

I come from a long line of lefties and unionists. :)

I said this to imply that they had in fact achieved their aims. Attention will be drawn to them. But what will mum and dad out in the burbs see when they watch it on the six o'clock news. Will it polarize their opinion of Occupy Melbourne and what they're about? Or will they be confused?

Drawing attention in a media hungry society is hard to achieve, when you do it, you need to make sure your opinion and voice is loudly heard. I'm not sure they achieved this all that well on this occasion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back