Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisreptile

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I received a letter today, as many others aswell i would imagine from the DSE.

As of the first of October 2009,

Southern Angle Headed Dragon : Basic Licence.

Arafura File Snake: Advanced
Boyds Rainforest Dragon: Advanced
Centralian Knob Tailed Gecko: Advanced
Downs Bearded Dragon: Advanced
Golden Tailed Gecko: Advanced
Prickly Knob Tailed Gecko: Advanced
Pygmy Knob Tailed Gecko: Advanced
Pygmy Python: Advanced
Rough Scaled Python: Advanced
Rough Throated Leaf Tail Gecko (salebrosus): Advanced
Saltuarius swaini: Advanced

Magnificent Tree Frog: Advanced

Black Striped Wallaby: Advanced
Feathertail Glider: Advanced
Long nosed Potoroo: Advanced
Plains Rat: Advanced
Quokka: Advanced
Southern Brown Bandicoot: Advanced
Spinifex Hopping Mouse: Advanced
Squirrel Glider: Advanced

This is some exciting news for Victoria :)

and dont forget you can also keep turtles with a shell size smaller than 10cm too!

Awesome

It's long overdue and common sense has prevailed.

Personally I'd like to thank the DSE for their decision but more importantly I would like to ackonowledge and thank The Victorian Herp Society (and other reptile societies) for thei tireless efforts involving meeting after meeting for the past few years.

Without them fighting for the common herper we would'nt have these decisions made.

I thankyou all. It just goes to show that when everyone sticks together things can be achieved.

Now what can I buy. License upgrade first then when I get back from Hawaii I'm going shopping.

Whats the process with your advanced licences down there? (What are the conditions you need to meet to get one?)

Oh my god

I just read the list you listed Chris.

BOYDS forest dragon. That's me sold right there. Since my last name is Boyd it's a done deal for me.

you just apply for it. No special requirements at all.

Can't argue with that... Pretty good deal! *hint hint*;) Common NSW! DECC why don't we get that option..:cry:

im not sure but I'd love too know also?? Ive heard that in other states you need to have held a basic for 2 yrs b4 you can apply for an advanced! Is it the same in Vic? i was under the impression it was the same as applying for a basic?

I'm soooooo stoked about the Marsupials added; Long-nosed Potaroo, Southern Brown Bandicoot and Feathertail Gliders, unreal!!
Angle headed Dragons on Basic license is sweet too!
I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!! :D

Its a good start, but there are still a bunch of species we dont have on the lists comapred to that of other states. Look at all the monitors we are missing...
Hopefully we get some more species added sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back