Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm soooooo stoked about the Marsupials added Feathertail Gliders, unreal!!

HAHAHA .... i remember not too long ago someone was slagging me off for wanting to keep Feathertail Gliders? Well Kirby........ its obviously NOT such a ridiculous idea hey?

As for the rough Knobbies i am ecstatic! i have wanted these guys for so long........ Well done DSE and VHS ! muchly appreciated.

Roughies and Boyd's finallly!!!! and Pygmy Beardies!!!! Big thanks to VHS who have worked so hard to make this possible for Victorian keepers for so long!!

Arafura file snakes!!! You lucky Victorians!!! I wish they were on any of the ACT lists.

The only realistic chance of getting more species on the list in the near future will be during the regulatory review in 2012 and given that they just gave you a large amount of new ones, you are going to find it hard to justify adding more so soon.

Also as the majority of reptile keepers are only interested in pythons, now there wont be as great of a push to get more added as all the available species of pythons are on the list. You will just have people say just be happy with what on the list, thats untill oenpelliensis pops up on the interstate market then watch them jump up and down....Sorry just a little disappointed that no new monitors appeared on the list, will just have to shalve my idea of returning back to vic.

To end positively, well done to those behind the scenes people that did the hard work researching and the paperwork to get so much new species, looks like roughies are going up in price this yr.

what elapids would you like on the list that are not there now?

Imm no big elapid nut but it would have been nice to see a few elapids added to the list like:

Pilbara death adder
Rough scaled snake
ringed brown snake
pale headed snake
broad headed snake
Gwardar

A big thanks should also go to those on the marsupial society and its WPTAC member Glenn R who did all the hard yards getting fury additions to the schedule.

Arafura File Snake: Advanced
Boyds Rainforest Dragon: Advanced
Centralian Knob Tailed Gecko: Advanced
Downs Bearded Dragon: Advanced
Golden Tailed Gecko: Advanced
Prickly Knob Tailed Gecko: Advanced
Pygmy Knob Tailed Gecko: Advanced
Pygmy Python: Advanced
Rough Scaled Python: Advanced
Rough Throated Leaf Tail Gecko (salebrosus): Advanced
Saltuarius swaini: Advanced

LOL i think i was too excited and added a new species :p
A mix of a pygmy python and a prickly knob tailed gecko.

Now all we have to do is get our lot up here to let us keep Crocodiles and Mammals. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back