Vision

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My most recent picture :) Drew it using my usual Derwent studio pencils. Took quite a while, especially the eye; but I am quite happy with it! Used one of my own photos as a reference. Just thought I'd post it. Actually did it quite a while ago

Vision_pt_2_by_xshadowxv.jpg

You DREW THAT EYE?!?!

Wow! you have some AWESOME talent. Your going to get very far with skills like this.

Yeah rocky I drew the eye :) I don't actually think I'm good enough to make money from art/drawing, but like to do it as a hobby.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

and andy, I may draw a BHP :) gotta get back into the right "drawing" mood though!

If i saw something of that quality, that was an animal that i liked (example a bearded dragon) then I would buy it. I am sure there would be a cat lover somewhere that would snap that up in a second.

Ive studied art and the first thing they teach you is the only reliable way to
make money from it is to teach it..
That said you certainly have talent.... i don't you suppose have any of native
animals?

A few people seem to like the things I draw. I think I just don't because I'm a perfectionist and always see the faults.. I think every time I go into a new "drawing mood" I produce something better than before (like this picture). Who know's, I could start doing beardies, BHP's etc on here and see if I can earn a bit to help me a bit at uni! lol :) wishful thinking methinks!

Edit: Australis, I don't currently have any of native animals.. oh take that back, I did do a sugar glider, but it wasn't particularly good... I don't have any "decent" native animals. I actually do want to do some reptiles simply for the challenge of the scales, and I love trying to get lots of detail.

Shadow, DON'T EVER doubt your ability, your drawing is professional quality, I have seen far worse drawings being sold for exhorbitant amounts of money!!!!!!
Yours is a REAL talent, I bow to your superiority to many! Seriously.
My daughter is a brilliant 'sketch artist", sought by quite a few people for her drawings, usually only two-tone, your picture here knocks hers into touch, without a doubt!

I cannot believe the skill involved in that. It's amazing, I'm so impressed (not that it means much, coming from someone who has trouble drawing a straight line with a ruler!)

I'd love to see you do something like a water python in the sun - I can imagine how stunning the colours would look!

Here are a few of my drawings.

It took about 2 hours to come up with the ideas for the gills on the fish, but I think it is worth it.

And the Willson is from cast away. (once some one mistook it for the real volley ball from the movie, thats how good the drawing is)

Yeah, these two pieces have taken me most of this year to finally finish but, I am a perfectionist.

(edit: sorry about the quality, i took the pictures with my mobile phone in fear that the incredible skill involved in drawing them may break my digital camera's lens.)

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Image015.jpg
    Image015.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 66
Here are a few of my drawings.

It took about 2 hours to come up with the ideas for the gills on the fish, but I think it is worth it.

And the Willson is from cast away. (once some one mistook it for the real volley ball from the movie, thats how good the drawing is)

Yeah, these two pieces have taken me most of this year to finally finish but, I am a perfectionist.

(edit: sorry about the quality, i took the pictures with my mobile phone in fear that the incredible skill involved in drawing them may break my digital camera's lens.)

:lol::lol::lol:

GOOD ART WORK .........SHADOW ........maybe you could show turnip breath how to draw lol...............although he was showing some AUTISTIC talent with his snakeys..............:)

thanks guys :) If ever I get a chance to do any herps I'll post them up here (darn uni!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back