WARNING For People Lending Snakes As Breeding Loans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to follow this thread and have been overwhelmed with the developments and am gutted by the final outcome. Obviously I'm naive because I was brought up to respect the law and to think that it would prevail - now I'm just bewildered.
To the OP's, I'm sincerely sorry for your loss (though you've heard it from many others) and I'm more than willing to donate/ petition if it will help.
I would also like to know who the lowlife is so that I too can be on my guard.

not as yet roger as far as I know BUT there will be one soon and there will be a NRKA up and running soon.. its already happening and the important thing is to support it and let it evolve and grow.. it will probably have flaws to start and will be a work in progress.. but we need to start somewhere and just get the ball rolling for once instead of procrastinating and doing nothing (as per usual in this hobby)

I good start would be to have access to lawyers with experiance dealing with the reptiles keeping laws in each state.
So if anyone needs help they can access the best possible lawyers for their situation. etc

Stay strong Wayne and Leanne .

cheers Roger

And to think these animals (including ours) are being held by a carer until the two low lives in question can get their licences in order and up-to-date so they can take the animals back into their care (and this includes ours)!

WTH,....?
im hoping i read that wrong,....

I good start would be to have access to lawyers with experiance dealing with the reptiles keeping laws in each state.
So if anyone needs help they can access the best possible lawyers for their situation. etc
Stay strong Wayne and Leanne .

cheers Roger

yes good idea mate but lawyers with reptile law experience may be hard to find.. there is one bloke in melb who I know is pretty good and could be of assitance to a NRKA group. the thing is lawyers cost money and so do lobbyists so these expenses will have to be covered by membership fees, donations etc..

and maybe have a system like strata special levies? where if the group needs funding for a legal fight, if we can call on members to toss in some money. it would soon add up considerably.. so a group with for example 20,000 members who threw in $5 - $10ea to fund legals to fight our fights and for lobbyists etc adds up to a tidy sum of fighting funds.. and Im sure we can all afford a few dollars for our united causes when needed..

of course the finances would need to be accounted for professionally and audited etc.. its expensive but with a yearly membership contribution and maybe on occassion special levies (as suggested) with the bucket going around for member contributions when needed we could have a cracker legal team, lobbyist etc

then let some departmental dipstick try to bully reptile keepers with their BS and standover tactics :D political parties will be much more available and open to our voices when we have some unified numbers with a voting potential too.. things may start to change for us all for the better but if we sit on our hands I think the hobby will be targeted (if its not alrerady) by these animal libbers who have been trying to influence governt depts for some time.

I can feel a new thread starting... :p

I'm not knocking the idsea of an assosciation but running one (with 20 000 members) would be a full time gig for someone.

And allowing all keepers to join as full members i think would be fraught with danger. We all know there are some utter drop kicks who love to keep reptiles and do dumb things (like walk around the street with snakes draped around them etc) and when they get picked on by parks etc they would love to have someone to complain too.

Maybe a tiered system, or even more of a union type set up....

yes good idea mate but lawyers with reptile law experience may be hard to find.. there is one bloke in melb who I know is pretty good and could be of assitance to a NRKA group. the thing is lawyers cost money and so do lobbyists so these expenses will have to be covered by membership fees, donations etc..

and maybe have a system like strata special levies? where if the group needs funding for a legal fight, if we can call on members to toss in some money. it would soon add up considerably.. so a group with for example 20,000 members who threw in $5 - $10ea to fund legals to fight our fights and for lobbyists etc adds up to a tidy sum of fighting funds.. and Im sure we can all afford a few dollars for our united causes when needed..

of course the finances would need to be accounted for professionally and audited etc.. its expensive but with a yearly membership contribution and maybe on occassion special levies (as suggested) with the bucket going around for member contributions when needed we could have a cracker legal team, lobbyist etc

then let some departmental dipstick try to bully reptile keepers with their BS and standover tactics :D political parties will be much more available and open to our voices when we have some unified numbers with a voting potential too.. things may start to change for us all for the better but if we sit on our hands I think the hobby will be targeted (if its not alrerady) by these animal libbers who have been trying to influence governt depts for some time.

I admit that i have not read all 23 pages of this thread, but as I understand it a breeder lent someone some animals on a breeding loan and that someone wont give them back.
I am not sure that the role of the NRKA would be to solve civil disputes , however the intervention by government departments seems to have been tardy, to say the least, possibly due to the lack of a clear role for those departments. I don't understand why DECC-Parks and Wildlife have control over domestic (captive) animals. It appears from the DECC actions and in action that the confusion exists also within the department.
One of the first jobs to be done is to visit the licencing system and define the role of the depertment and the reason for those roles. The current involvement of the DECC seems to do nothing to help captive animals, wild animals of the keepers in between.

Hi!!

I have been following this thread....and oh my GOD!!!! I am sooooo sorry for you guys! I can't believe police did nothing, surely this should have been considered a theft - no matter if its snakes, tv or car!!! It is your property!!! And DES..... well don't get me started!!!

Bottom line - if there is anything I can do for you guys, please throw it at me!!! I do hope that you fight it coz not only this person but DES deserves to pay for this!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Gosia

Hi all,
We are nearly at DECC Alstonville and we are not leaving without our animals, if your in the area it could be interesting......:)

I can be there in 4hrs (as im on the sunny coast) if you need me!!! I can bring coffee etc if you need!!!!!

Good on you both for fighting on!!! Keep it up and know I (and others on here!) support you 100%!!!!!

Last edited:
Good luck, did you let the media know. It might be a good idea as it will add more pressure. If I was close I would definitely come to lend some vocal support.

Anyone know any wildlife carers in the Alstonville and surrounding areas? message me or Jungleman or jewelz..

Thats where they will be (DECC are too lazy and totally inexeperienced to feed anything except their fat stomachs) so it wouldn't be too hard to pick your animals out from the bunch at the carers and take them back over the border where they belong..

I would also encourage anyone who has read this to voice your concerns. Whether the RSPCA or DERM, let them know exactly what you think of their handling of the situation- they won't know how po'd we are unless we tell them. I know that after hearing how much money in donations will be directed elsewhere by me as a result of this and similar cases this year, Michael Hornby was making all sorts of idiotic promises.

I would also encourage anyone who has read this to voice your concerns. Whether the RSPCA or DERM, let them know exactly what you think of their handling of the situation- they won't know how po'd we are unless we tell them. I know that after hearing how much money in donations will be directed elsewhere by me as a result of this and similar cases this year, Michael Hornby was making all sorts of idiotic promises.

What number did you ring please? as I was thinking if I called the same ppl as well as others I would add more to this! I want to do something to help so if I can ring or email anyone please pm me any info and ill do it!!!

You have looked at all other options, if they wanna play dirty... i think you should too.

who are the people involved ??? just too make sure i dont deal with them? a private PM please

GO JEWELZ, i like your attitude, dont give up!!!

Last edited:
Hi All,
We have our animals:):):):):):), heading back home now, they are not in good condition :(:(:(:( We have cleared one of our spare rooms and we will brings these babies back to condition.

There was a completely different attitude when we got to DECC compared to the last few weeks, something has happened between yesterday and today as they were **** scared and could not do enough for us.

Thanks again to all of you, especially Colin, we will put pics up after they settle in :)

BBQ at ours if your up this way :):):)

P.s. please don't ask to borrow our snakes.....lol

Last edited:
That's great news you have the snakes back. Hope you can bring them back to good health. So happy to finally hear some good news

Manager
Customer Referral Centre
Regional Service Delivery
Department of Environment and Resource Management
GPO Box 2454
Brisbane Qld 4001

[email protected]

RSPCA

Queensland Head Office 301 Fairfield RdFairfieldQLD4103
(07) 3426 9999
[email protected]

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
EXCELLENT NEWS!!
I am sooo happy for you guys! good on you for fighting on!
Sooooo good to hear you have them back,. I am stoked for you guys!
I hope you can get them back to good health!

I am soooo happy ,. this news has made my week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back