Warning! Newbie hatching.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudo_me

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site so thought I would introduce myself. My name is Joe and I've been keeping herps on and off since I was a kid. It's only been the last 10 years or so that I've really become obsessed with the keeping side of things. I'm also computer illiterate hence my absence from the forum scene.

Essentially I'm what you would call an Aussie plant nut and my profession revolves around various aspects of the Aussie flora. I have on occasions and still do, work as a field assistant with limited researchers in the Herp and Orno field but I'm in no way the researcher! I'm just a catcher and do micro chipping and observing for them occasionally.

I've been getting into photography and reptiles are my favourite subjects, I'm still a novice with this and have a lot to learn but I'm enjoying the ride. As for the animals I keep, well it's been a bit of a struggle with reptiles in the house over the past few years but now my reptile room is near complete, my collection can grow. I keep Coastal Carpets, Olives, Childrens, two ssp of N. levis, Blueys and 3 colour phases of CBD's. Soon I'll be getting some Bredli, Thick tails and hopefully some P. henrylawsonii. Where will it stop.........:D

I'm in no way an expert in keeping any of these things and look forward to learning heaps from you all. :D
Cheers
Joe

A newbie??
welcome, you can also learn us a few things by the sound of it.!

New tooo!

Hi, I also just started cruiz'n the net....i also not too literate on things but geetn there,
When i was a kid we had our own zoo of sorts....breedn rabbits(still am,dwarf lop-also house train) guinea pigs, budgies(train as well) pigs,sheep, a goat or two& of course dogs and a cat.
Three years ago i rescued a Purple-Crowned Lorikeet baby only had down on its chest(the trucks on the road claimed the rest)soon learned i needed muy permit & i suppose the rest is history!!!.... my other half stills blames the bird.
Now we have 1 P.C.Lorri,1cat,2dogs,4rabbits,countless budgies,2guinea& 7 pogona vitticeps, i do say thanks to my lorri for the permit!.
Recently my son found a lil gecko(marbled) do the need u.v, basking light & or heat mat for them?and thinking i heard somewhere you can feed then crickets.... but do they eat veg? HELP!!!!!!!!!.
Dragon Lady

Hi Pseudo-Me, I'm new too. Love plants, love animals. I would love to set up huge room to keep more reptiles but too busy with my other babies.

Well then, welcome Joe, dragon lady, and mama croc, wow joe, you have a lot of reptiles. sorry dragon lady, i dont keep geckoes soo i cant help but good luck...
Cheers, kai

Hello there pseudo-dragon-mama, good to have you all onboard :) :) :)

Thanks all for the kind welcome:D

I'll get around to posting some pics soon (if I can figure it out that is).

Thanks again
Joe

welcome, you may be a newbie to the site but it seems hardly a newbie to herps.
i look forward to seeing some of your pics :D

Hi and welcome everyone :D This site just keeps on growing!

So, pseudo_me and mama croc since you both like plants and reptiles - do either of you know safe live plants that I can put in my cage with my Stimson? Would preferably prefer a native plant and was thinking about trying Eucalyptus - plan on keeping it small. Thanks, Krystal.

Hello Joe, Pseudo Me and Mama Croc!! Joe, if you go into advanced when posting a reply there is a little symbol that looks like a paperclip, you click on that and upload photos from your comp...it took me AGES to figure that out!! Im computer illiterate too :D Hope you all find this site useful

welcome to the biggest mistake of your life. just jocking

What about a native creeper on some bamboo lattice work? Ive set up a tank for my friend that had a stimpsons....it worked very well......different widths of bamboo to widths of snake....looks great and can hide snake doo smell !!!!

Welcome Joe- any pics of your Geckos?

Drago lady: Tell your son to let the gecko go, its illegal for you to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back