Water Bowl Warning!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an exo terra rock bowl, made from actual granite. Cant go wrong with it.
Got a small one for a python hatchy for $14 at petbarn.
dce908cd-7e59-1857.jpg

There were much larger ones available also, you should check em out
Natural rock look and no paint to flake off

Are you sure they are made of granite?
I have the exoterra ones and they are made of resin, you can easily tell this by the uniform colour the underneath has and the logo moulded into the bottom.
And yes the paint on these also slowly rubs off.

wait so thae paint will rub off the exoterra bowls aswell! i have read that they are made of granite.

i would suggest take the bowl back to the shop you purchased it from, i am sure kongs would help out with the bowl. I own a pet shop and that sort of thing does happen sometimes,never had a problem getting it fixed but.

hope that helps you a little anyhow.

I agree with Chris. People are only too happy to bag the pet stores or brands when things go wrong but why not give the supplier the feedback so they can work on rectifying the problem. Kongs manufacture a lot of their own stuff. They don't know something is wrong if nobody tells them. I dealt with Kongs when I had my pet store and they were fantastic.

Members here should realise that silicone rubbers of all sorts are made for specific purposes, and none of them is designed to be used on wooden surfaces or joints. Silicones are marvellous materials when used according to instructions, and for the purposes they are designed for, but otherwise leakage or joint failure is a distinct possibility... even highly probable.

There are dozens of more suitable options for a water container suitable for an Eastern Water Dragon, without resorting to wood.

The "granite" waterbowl illustrated is probably made from resin filled with powdered marble or other stone material, which makes them stable and has a weight less than but similar to natural rock...

Jamie

I've had the exo-terra large in my stimmi's tank for almost 8years with no paint peel or flake originally from Pet Barn, it's heavy, great quality for money and big enough for a Noodles soak!
I've since paid money for other brands that I remove after the first or second water change.
Then moved to the ceramic dog dishes and remikin's simply because of size, price and they are easier to clean and grow with your pet...

Be careful using silicone......only use marine grade.....as the silicone will leach into the water and might poison your rep
nope don't use marine grade, you need aquarium grade. Theres a big difference between the 2

nope don't use marine grade, you need aquarium grade. Theres a big difference between the 2

what's the difference? I just thought that marine grade would be 4 saltwater, so thats why i chose aquarium :)

Marine sika has been known to leach contaminants into water. Lost alot of fish in my tank after a repair until I replaced with aquarium sealant. I've seen reports of results like mine on some forums

Marine sika has been known to leach contaminants into water. Lost alot of fish in my tank after a repair until I replaced with aquarium sealant. I've seen reports of results like mine on some forums

oh :|. thanx for the heads up then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back