water python or olive????? im stuck

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupper

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

i purchased a very unuasual water python from a store yesetrday quiet honestly i think he is an olive

id post some pics up but im having trouble with my computer and im on my iphone so i have taken soem photoes and i will email them to anyone who can help

the thing that has got me is he has no yellow on him whatso ever is very light and doesnt have a massive sheen about him

but is very cage defensive and snappy until out of his cage

just need to id him properly before i source a mate

thanks in advance

You'll need to post pics to get a definitive answer.

i understand that did you not read my post " i will email those pictures to anyone who can help "

i understand that did you not read my post " i will email those pictures to anyone who can help "

Everyone can help - this is a very simple matter.

If you want help, post the pictures. If not, don't.

ive got a pic of a olive hatchie in my pictures take a look does it look like him?

living jungle in melbourne thanks khagan ills end them accross now , im sorry aslan but if people bloody read then i may get some help , everyone else seems to have no problems reading

i paid 600 for it but even the people there where very unclear and had suspicions it was an olive i would not have normally bought anything from a store , but i figured the snake was in good health and looked perfect so with a bti of confident handling it would come up great guns

it is 5 and a bit foot

Well If it is an olive you got i for an average price but if you payed 600 dollars for a water python I would say thats a bit over priced.

good python good sized and figured at a store i was going to pay a bit more but i can see where your coming from

scorps you have adult waters they are intense yellow on there base and generally sparkle when put in uv or direct sunlight?

can you post some pics of your adults

hey greebo it had just come out of a shed freshly shed skin in its enclosure , id been eyeing it off for a week before i grabbed it

Its an Olive Python alright
I cant upload the pics either, invalid format. Will keep trying though so every one else can see.

see i figured it was its not dark at all hence the reason i paid the money for it but i will definantly like to hear form a few more people thanks to all that emailed there help ill get the pics to you asap

I'd much prefer an olive, you got lucky! haha.
But no seriously, you should go back and confront them if you are unhappy, but just make sure you do know it's an olive.

im more than happy i figured it was an olive otherwise it would not have got a second visit , even the girl thought it was an olive but her boss and the customer they bought it off said otherwise , i suppose the next step is to get it sexed but i do need some more input not doubting dan as i was already 80% sure it was an olive but just as a definant clear cut answer

but im stoked any one in melbourne good at sexing snakes that bite LOL

Now you have a problem......bought a water, apparently own an olive....paperwork will not match!

Last edited:
they will organise to have it changed into an olive on there end

so now i need the blighter sexed any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back