water pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajler

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Has any one kept and bred water pythons, I am interested in buying a pair but the info I have read says they are swamp& river bank dwellers plus they are sami aqatic.It sounds like they might be hard to look after but Iam sure theres dozens of breeders out there, I would be gratefull for any help.
Regards ajler

Actually have a chat to Magpie.
He has bred them this year and am pretty sure he still might have some available.Not a bad price either.

Ajler, their housing requirement are no diferent to most other Australian pythons.
They grow to about 7' usually, so need an enclosure at least 4'x2'x2'. A hide on the ground and a few branches and a water bowl, preferably big enough to soak in. 33-34C at the hot end, 25C at the cool end. Quite easy to breed and are usually good feeders. General opnion is that you can get them to breeding size in 3 years without causing them any problems. They really are an easy snake to keep and breed, in my opnion easier than even a coastal.
I have hatchlings available, with delivery to Sydeny possible on the 29th of february.
For a care sheet check out : http://atr.kpjmedia.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=15
aae.sized.jpg

aaa.sized.jpg

I would recommend Magpies hatchlings to anybody with clear mind. I handled one of them and they are little beauties. And most important, man you will deal with is gentleman by my standards.

what maggie said.
Plus the colors are amazing. They have a reputation as being snappy but mine calmed down with regular handling. They are puppy dogs now unless food is involved. They can have a very strong feeding response

I agree with Fuscus. I have a 1 year old pair and they were cranky little buggers mainly in the cage but now they are placid enough to give to my 3 year old daughter!! 8)

I know a couple of people that keep them as pets but dont breed them and they look after the m the same as any other python like said above i think they are beautiful creatures and would definetly get some myself if i wasnt extremly downsizing my collection to my 4 diamonds and 2 coastals.....

Thanks every one,I recon Iam sold I love that head shot Maggpie great colour, I live in country SA maggpie so proberbly a bit out of the way, but I will get a pair this year as soon as the weather cools down out into the shed and build more vivs, thanks again chaps you,ve been a big help.
Regards ajler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back