Wattage size for enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildthings

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I am almost done with the enclosure I've been building and am considering which to use for heating and basking spot, I was gonna go with the Heat Spot Globe from URS, a 60 watt but URS says that'll be to small for the enclosure..The enclosure is 1500W x 1200H x 750D and about 1/4 of the space is taken up by a foam and render rock wall thingy, it is all wood with sliding glass doors, it will be positioned centrally in the house as to help keep temps where I want them...so what do you think? :D

It will depend what you are going to house in the cage and the distance from the lamp to the basking spot.

Very hard to give any indication without knowing the distance between the globe and the basking spot, and without knowing what temps you are trying to achieve at the given basking location.

Sorry :/ thought I though of everything lol basking spot is 35 cm beneath where the globe and fittings will go and it is for a jungle python :)

I would think you would achieve over 35C with a heat spot globe at 35cm which should be adequate for a jungle, but if it is a URS product I'd be guided by them.

I should mention that I'm mostly interested in the Globes for heat because it is a daylight source as well instead of putting other lights in there and will also be using a purple moon globe for night time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back