Weird Carpet morph

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpetpythonmorphs

Not so new Member
Reaction score
What would you call this morph that I saw in a collection yesterday?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 493
morph? isnt a murray darling isnt it?

Why give things fancy names? Is it just to make it seem 'cooler' or more desirable???? Its a MD, its a nice looking snake but I can't see any spectacular or different. Nothing to warrant labeling it something other than what it is.

Ive seen murrays in other collections which struck me as "plain-old", this one seemed a tad different especially with the scattered pattern and the dorsal stripe and the particularly "low pattern" underside

got a shot of the back end? Does it have train tracks?

its patterning does look different but thats no different from a diamond having 1 or 2 scale rosettes as opposed th 4 or 5 scale or a carpet having head marking or dorsal striping like a jungle. Its just pattern variation, not a gene mutation.

Wow, I'm going to Mt Hope, if I cant buy one like that! It reminds me of a Murray I saw at the wildexpo 2 years ago that everyone was talking about

Hey Carpetpythonmorphs...tell your friend that is a very cool animal and to enter it into the "Best Python in Show" at Wildexpo this year at Sydney Showgrounds.
Great prizes and prestige awaits the winners. Places are strictly limited so get in ASAP.:rolleyes:

I wouldnt say its just a normal MD. It is unique and would be an interesting project to refine and line breed to see what comes about. Most people seem to like the 'northern' carpets the most but I do find the 'southern' types very interesting overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back