Weird Carpet morph

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is a co-dominant morph, I'd like to see the super form!

The more I look at carpetpythonmorph's pic the more I am engrossed and the more I want one!

yeah i will agree it is a good looking snake and would not mind seeing what a couple of generations of selecting breeding will produce. but in means is it a morph. MD's do have a fairly large variation in color and pattern even in wild caught specimens.

I think I've also seen that snake. Here is another photo. The stripe is alot more promenant towards the back...but you'll have to take my word for it

Attachments

• iphone Picture 145.jpg
    iphone Picture 145.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 176
I think I've also seen that snake. Here is another photo. The stripe is alot more promenant towards the back...but you'll have to take my word for it

Same snake ;) Thats why I asked to see the back end :D

Imagine what a jungle cross with that would look like! Mind boggles

Found one!

Attachments

• iphone Picture 052.jpg
    iphone Picture 052.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 136
I can see the belly in that pic a bit better. Reduced pattern alright

also seen this animal. heres a few pics.

Attachments

• 015 (2).jpg
    015 (2).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 018 (3).jpg
    018 (3).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 158
If I were you carpetpython morphs I would be taking it along to the wildexpo best in show. Your a real chance for 2nd place with that beauty...I plan on winning this year!

I will tell the owner he should enter it into the wildexpo this year. We will see what the judges think

wow so many experts that is a great looking morf havin seen a lot of carpets in the wild and some do look like cross breds,sounds to me ur mate is onto some thing

thanks 4 shareing
stuart and connie

look a bit like Shane Blacks murray darling line??

That looks very similar to one i have seen before as well......:D

Actually like these.......

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/new-md-morph-71380

Oh!! and they are certainly far from being "normal" MD's, I hope to prove genetics in them this year if they would only play the game.
People need to check their eyesight it if looks like a normal MD.......

Last edited:
I totally agree, that is by no means a normal MD, maybe if the detractors owned it then it might be more special to them :)
Very nice indeed.

Yeah, that is no run of the mill MD, it is similar though to various other carpets that you see here and there, they seem to follow similar traits when something goes wrong, the vertabral line is always heaviest from the tail up, and the lateral lines are always heaviest from the head down, generally speaking anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back