Western Dwarf Beardie Hatchlings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timotei

Reaction score
Here's the first pic of my Western Dwarf Beardies hatching:

1-13.jpg

He's poked his head through, but im a bit worried cos he is not moving at all. is this normal ??

Should be fine mate, once they are out they wil be a bit slow for the first day then start to pump up with energy.

Hope they all hath for you!

Thanks MrSpike, that puts my mind at ease... does anyone else hav any ideas ? Everyone agree ??

Kool pics!!!
good luck with them all hatching.
hope it all works out
-Jared

More pics: In the last 9 hours his head has moved slightly, and the egg has caved in more.

a-1.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Is this normal ?

Oh and BTW, a lot of people hav PM'd me asking whether it's possible to buy some of these if ur living over east, and im sorry to say it, but the answer is no :( WA's regs don't allow interstate trading.

dont that, i'm sure we are allowed to purchase from you guys, i have heard of people getting imbricata carpets from over there

hornet, i think the average keeper/breeder cannot export, but commercial business' and collectors can?

Someone correct me if i am wrong.

Those people would have got them from a licenced dealer not a keeper.

Yeh, thats true, i spose eastern states guys dont hav the same sort of system with dealers keepers takers and farmers...

He looks sooo cute!!! His egg looks like his own little sleeping bag. LOL

Hahaha! That's wat i sed too! They look lyk little kids in sleeping bags having a sleepover :)

Hav a look at the pics from this morning:

2-9.jpg

That little guy made it out ok.

3-3.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, NOW wat do i do ??

They are, although one is now up and about, running around for a bit then collapsing and sleeping for a few minutes!

Timotei said:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, NOW wat do i do ???
Find some really really really really small crickets.

What are those larger eggs?

:p

Hix

More photos:

.jpg

Their tank

a-2.jpg

The first one to hatch

c-1.jpg

The close second

They're soooooo cool!

Status