What a job

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not really sorry, i dont think they cover 'every variable' etc.

such as testing male V female driving on the snow. they tested themselves on time laps. yet each driver has different abilities/experience, and each time they run over the track, the road is 'different' and changed, tracks are cut into the ice/snow/puddles etc.

and those faux human flesh dolls, they dont really act as skin, cratilidge or bone, so yes a popsicle stick or whatever they shot at it will go through. etc. etc.

sorry if i crushed your dreams. if it makes you feel better, im a LOST fan.. i know, im so stupid/idiodic/unnecessarily faithfull to a stretched out show that should have ended in the first 5 eps. sorry guys, ive got 5+ seasons on the edge of my lonely, lonely seat.. im sorry hurley.. :lol:

As far as it goes - as what Kirby said, there's some pluses and some minuses. Fair testing is something I am always trying to teach students - and it's not difficult to get fair tests. But they will often admit that their tests are far from perfect!

I admit I love the show. They always have something on what I am teaching - which rocks!

So I often buy the DVDs.

l like it:) They are a bunch of dags...get a bit of laugh out of it:)

Thats what my husband does for a living.... Blowing things up for movies and special effects, gets boring too so they say.

Yep. I confess. :oops: :p I am a fan. Some of those tests are a bit out there though. Like the "blow up the toilet if you smoke in there" test. Good fun for the whole family! :lol:

A job where you can blow things up just for the heck of it.....who wouldn't love it

mythbusters and top gear are 2 of the best shows on tv, and their both on SBS (who would have thought i would watch SBS for anything other than their errrrm "foreign films").
as for mythbusters not testing every variable etc, i think they do a good job when u factor in time, money and entertainment constraints.

I like the fact that when the myth doesn't work out they just go to extremes to blow it up or destroy something anyway XD.

LOL no kirby you havent crushed my dreams.
A job like that is a good way to get the ok to blow things up with out getting into trouble, among other stuff.

ok that i agree with you, i only wish they would hurry up and blow it to peices.. i dont want to know how much of what and why or how is 'could have happend' just bloody blow the damn truck up!!!!

Plus they never profess to being scientists or anything like that. There background is special effects and I think Jamie was a Navy Seal or equivalent (which is no mean feat in itself). Where did that blonde girl with the tattoos go? I think she was the only one in the group with a degree - at least an engineering degree.

How many ppl would willingly allow themselves to be sprayed with skunk stink and then cover themselves in all sorts of stuff to get rid of the stink. I would if someone payed me LOL

They actually both did special effects for film and television for over 20 years combined.
Rumour has it they dont like eachother all that much.

They actually both did special effects for film and television for over 20 years combined.
Rumour has it they dont like eachother all that much.

I wouldn't be half surprised. They are like chalk and cheese, but that's one of the things I love about the show :) Jamie is straight as an arrow and Adam is the village clown - a great mix.

I think scotty left the show to start her own engineering workshop.

And it's a hell of a lot better then braniac I can't watch at show without screaming at the tv about the lies they put accross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back