Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake007

Reaction score
I'll start off my brother in law got me a hypo coastal as our wedding present :) just got married last year
He got the cage and all so was a great present and loving all 3 of mine now :D

i was always interested in snakes, then a guy i work with got a coastal. i was always going to the reptile shop in Canberra with him looking at the snakes. finally got my first now im always looking for more reptiles! :)

Interesting thread topic. I'm one of the obsessives that got into it very young, with a class pet Green Tree Frog that really got the interest in herpetology going full throtal, about 9 years old. But like most aussies, I was catching marsh frogs and skinks well before then. Now I'm a python man, but Green Tree Frogs remain the favourite :)

The bluies, shinglebacks, beardies, fat tailed geckoes, legless lizards, assorted snakes and goannas that were everywhere in the bush where I grew up.

It's all a never ending suburb now. The creeks are in pipes.

At least where I am now there is heaps to find and I've got a few of my own as well.

I was into reptiles as a kid and then my kids became interested so it progressed from there,catch,study ,release(I know it's illegal so don't bag me)but I always said to my boys that we had to look after them properly,otherwise we couldn't do it so I studied and researched heaps and learned lots,then about 5 years ago I went legal.

Since I was a little kid, I was fascinated with reptiles, catching lizards, geckos, snakes, spiders, what ever moved really. And when my parents split up, Dad allowed me to finally get a snake :D

i used to love dinos but then one day at school i was in about 1st grade and their was this mumma bluie with her bubs at school and i fell in love but after that i kinda forgot and then one day at the local video shop and stumbled across a video of steve irwin and have been in love ever since.

hmm...a midlife crisis of mine? lol or am i 2 young 4 that :p i always thought they were cool but only recently become an actual owner of them. I think having 6 sons that luv them is a big part of me getting in2 them. my 4 and 6 yr old boys spent 2day lizard hunting and are now the proud owners of a tiny skink called speedy lol they have it all set up in a tub with holes and have even been catching flies! so cute. Mr 6 yr old even thought 2 sit half the tub on our modem to give him warmth :p he has also spent the last hr begging me to get him blue tongues in a tank because he needs some 'proper' ones! i guess thats next on the list.

well they make no noise, eat once a week and look freakin awesome, bugger and most of the relo's dont like them hahahhahhahahaha

or great mother inlaw guards hahhahahaahahah

I was about 30 living in Sydney with my young family. One day we had a picnic in the Blue Mountains and saw a red belly black go from a vacant block, cross a road and go under a vacant house right where we were having our picnic. I didn't know what sort of snake it was, but it was MAGNIFICENT. For the next 30 yrs I got on with my life, work, marriage, divorce...the normal things life throws at you. But all the time my love and curiosity for snakes kept growing. About 10 yrs ago I knew I had to have one one day and almost 3 yrs ago I got my yearling stimmie, Barrie, who I love to bits.

I have always loved animals, I was one of those tomboys who prefered playing in the dirt and chasing lizards and fishing in the stream for yabbies. Got my first birds at 4, first fishtank at 10 and a bunny and more and more and it just escalated from there. Had reptiles for about 10 years now and always want more pets!

Always had every animal under the sun but no reptiles due to my mothers phobia. Eventually convinced her to let me buy my first hatchy and haven't looked back! Whole family likes them and I adore them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back