Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love the flying boltcutters, but wow $13 an hour, that's terrible!

Well if I reversed my age I'd be 16.....when I was 16 I was allowed to go out at night with boys for the first time, but I always had to be home by midnight. The Beatles were the most wonderful band in the world....to me. I loved ballroom dancing, I got my first job when I was about 16, I was a junior secretary.....ahhhh the memories !! Drive in movies, black and white tv, no computers or mobile phones, not many girls owned cars, married women rarely worked outside the home, their main job when they got married was to have babies. Things have changed a lot since then....for better or worse, I guess that's debatable....

But I did have a nice day yesterday....lunch with hubby at our favourite seafood restaurant, phone calls from my son who lives in Geelong, my brother who lives in Melbourne and my sister who lives locally to me. It was a nice day..

lived in Greece for a year when i was 12 and again when 16.
nearly blew my hand and face off with a home made fire cracker (one month of micro surgery and many years of pulling shrapnel from self)
been chased by a large and extreemly angry tiger snake for what seemed like a mile.
been fishing on the southern ocean in a 15 ft boat in 4m swell & 5m seas with my dad (pro fisherman) thought i was going to die at first but then when you do it all the time you get used to it.
caught a 6ft snake when in greece, my first ever, i was 12 and to this day remember how exiting it was.
caught and released a white pointer in Pt lincoln when i was 14.
rescued a gentleman in his 70's when his tinny sank in coffin bay, he had been in the water for an hour in winter, was blue.
have been a fisherman, a chef,a labourer,a shooter of ferals, a tree feller, worked in retail and currently work in a pet shop
have a 14 year old daughter that is a handful (now living with her mum in adelaide) that i miss.
speared a congo eel while in greece that was 8 ft long that tried to eat me.

Yeah there's no such thing as pride and morale after a few weeks of that pay haha...goes out the window so fast!

A few people have watched him chew things and all have said "...no wonder they call them flying bolt cutters..."
But you're right; you do have to love them!

sounds like a beautifully family orientated day Annie! just as they should be!

I worked for about $5.90 US an hour while on exchange. At the time it was worth about $10 Aussie so it wasn't quite as dreadful as it sounds - but that's about all you can say for it. :)

Biggest Happiest after birthday wishes to you, Grannieannie, we were all
going to come down but the expo was on, and stuff. Glad you had a lovely day.

lived in Greece for a year when i was 12 and again when 16.
nearly blew my hand and face off with a home made fire cracker (one month of micro surgery and many years of pulling shrapnel from self)
been chased by a large and extreemly angry tiger snake for what seemed like a mile.
been fishing on the southern ocean in a 15 ft boat in 4m swell & 5m seas with my dad (pro fisherman) thought i was going to die at first but then when you do it all the time you get used to it.
caught a 6ft snake when in greece, my first ever, i was 12 and to this day remember how exiting it was.
caught and released a white pointer in Pt lincoln when i was 14.
rescued a gentleman in his 70's when his tinny sank in coffin bay, he had been in the water for an hour in winter, was blue.
have been a fisherman, a chef,a labourer,a shooter of ferals, a tree feller, worked in retail and currently work in a pet shop
have a 14 year old daughter that is a handful (now living with her mum in adelaide) that i miss.
speared a congo eel while in greece that was 8 ft long that tried to eat me.

hahaha, I got half way through and thought "Port Lincon". Goodonya, pretty part of the world, I dont know if that's where you're talking about but it cant be far away! Coffin Bay is good too. It's funny, I left SA 35 years ago but my youth is haunting me a bit lately. Might have to go back for a visit.

I've been Quad biking in Dubai, I have been Snow Skiing around the world, I have been scuba diving around the world, I have been to every continent except Antartica and the Arctic :)

Steve, when you say.... SA .... do you mean South Africa or South Australia. ??

And of course you're right... the Artic is just floating ice....no land under it, whereas Antartica has a land mass under the snow and ice. :)

Steve, when you say.... SA .... do you mean South Africa or South Australia. ??

And of course you're right... the Artic is just floating ice....no land under it, whereas Antartica has a land mass under the snow and ice. :)

based on Pt Lincoln and Coffin Bay, Ima say South Australia! woooh SA!

South Oz. i grew up in Pt. Noarlunga which was around as a whaling camp 50 years before the "founders of Adelaide" arrived.

based on Pt Lincoln and Coffin Bay, Ima say South Australia! woooh SA!

Mate as a young fella in the 60s I used to chase scallops underwater (goggle & snorkel) while the old man went after crays and fish, we used to catch hammerheads off the wharf (and the odd seal) and way back then I thought blue swimmers were the best!

Happy where I am, everything is bigger, sweeter and juicier ha ha but oh yea. I'll be back for a visit.

Last edited:
wow i assumed this would be great thread of heroic tales and great feats of courage and adventure, just a bunch of girlies talking about c sections and where they live

If a C section isn't a feat of courage and adventure I dont know what is. Please, regale us with your manly adventures oh huskey.
My 7 year old daughter broke the 9 year old school bully's nose.
My missus survived 24 hours in 40o heat without water.
Tell us mate, what have you done? Won a computer game? Kicked someone after your mates knocked him down?
Put up or shut up cobber.

Last edited:
wow i assumed this would be great thread of heroic tales and great feats of courage and adventure, just a bunch of girlies talking about c sections and where they live

I was going to comment on this, but then realized I might get banned....and you're not worth it.

Last edited:
I have had too many adventures too mention here [ some I will never admit anyway ] but for something different ; I have been shot at on three different occasions :] They all missed .

Its funny these days when my kids have their little dramas , trying to sound concerned and give parental advice that has nothing to do with what I did at their age :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back