Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think normal lacies are better looking than Bells when they are all colourful like ST's.

I've only kept ackies but they're great fun!

Simon what is the tamest out of the larger goannas you've kept (spencers, heath, goulds and lacies).
Jords

You have got to love the goannas. We only have a few tiny ackies and we have not had them for long but their antics just hold your attention. Intelligence wise they seem to be close to the top of the tree from an Aussie reptile perspective.

I like the way they "cook" themselves under the basking lights and then go foraging at a million miles per hour until they cool down and then park themselves under the lights again to recharge.

I also like the way they use their forked tongues.

Monitors

Hi,

currently have

primoridus
storrs
ackies
gillens
scalaris
tristis
mitchells
mertens
sandies
lacies, both normal and bells

and soon to acquire some brevicauda and kingorum

Monitors

Ozboy said:
Hi,

currently have

primoridus
storrs
ackies
gillens
scalaris
tristis
mitchells
mertens
sandies
lacies, both normal and bells

and soon to acquire some brevicauda and kingorum
:shock:

hi all

i have storrs , accies , a goulds and a orientalis and am always looking for more i am after brevicaudas (pitty bout theyre price ) , kingorum , mitchelli , a female orientalis , tristis tristis , female goulds , scalaris but its all about when i have the money as to when i can get monitors :roll: and whatever else i can get my hands on :p
i will try get some decent pics of them and post

Which is the smallest out of storrs and gillens monitors?

I currently have breeding projects with.

Qld Storrs
WA Ackies
Mertins Water Monitors
Mangroves
Glauerti

[u]Have had.[/u]

Tristis
Baritji
Tristis Oreintalis
SA Goulds (Had Twins hatch once)
Caudolinetus

These monitors arent ones weve just had in the shop for sale, but keeped & bred most of them.

& would like to keep one day.

Primordius
Laceys (bells form)
Eremius
prasinus

Monitors are tops but are also higher maintanice.

Cheers,
Jason

if by sandy you mean varanus goldii which is what i think you mean, that if its even female didnt breed, its simply not big enough, unless you are huge lol, V. Gouldii gorw a good 1.5m, hope your son loves it as i know i would lol :) great gift!

edit: have you got any pics of the mertens enclosure from a view you can see the whole thing and what are the measurements

aussiesnakelover
have you got any pics of the mertens enclosure from a view you can see the whole thing and what are the measurements

Here you go!

Its 8000ltr Team Poly rain water tank.
It has a 250 ltr tub for swimming.
Two 160w Ozbrite bulbs heating it.
300watt water heater in the tub keeping it at 28degress.
I have mertins & Mangroves in there togather.

Jason

beuty's because i live mertens natural occuring area i wont need all that hheatiing and lightin thank god lol
great set-up by the way, any sucess with the mangroves?

also does anyone else have picstures of there monitor enclosures lareg monitor mainly and would diffently like to see mertens enclosures... plzzzz :)

I like your set up Jason,great idea.

re What

I had a pair of storrs last year and one acanthurus,the storrs are good to watch and breed like rabbits,high maintenance with heating and feeding but very interesting,dont get bit OUCH! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back