Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a spa, It's a pain to keep maintained so I'm think maybe a few mitchells won't go astray ;) .

Ive only kept varius, gouldii and prasinus :mrgreen:
Love that enclosure Jason

I currently have 1 x Laccie, 2 x Accies, 2 x Gilleni's. Would like to get more but seriously need to work on a food cultivation business first to keep up with their high demands :lol:

That enclosure is awesome, Jason. Good job. Where could I store a tank that size I wonder. Do you think my wife would notice??? :roll: :wink:

I have five lacey's, one male and four females which i will be breeding again this coming season all up i had about 40 eggs last season... :D :D :D

I feed my Lacey’s chicken necks and they love them….

what does everyone feed there monitors?
partically ackies and mertens
My ackies got insects, spiders, pinkies, BD pellets, dog food and egg.

ok, just to see what people think this is what i feed my mertens
chopped chicken necks, pinkies, kangaroo and beef mince, prawns, barramundi wing chopped and woodies
oh and he also has live fish to chase

Hey snaketamperer, I feed my WA ackies woodies, crickets, chopped mice and any young cichlids that need culling. Just had a clutch hatch actually.

Hey Jason could you post up some pics of your gluarti please mate?
I guess they'd be from Bedford? If so do you think there is much visible difference between the NT population that he collected from and the main WA population? What are you planning on charging for hatchies this season if you get some?

Hi Fishead
The Glauerti are from Gavin Bedford.
They are fantastic to watch.
He has 3 color forms, I guess from 3 differant locations.
Ill have to get more pics happening but here the best one I have at the moment.
Babys will be $2000 - $2500 each depends on differant factors.
I hope they will breed & I hope they are a definate pair its so hard to see any differance.

Cheers,
Jason

I was quite tempted when the Glauerti came up but again they are not a species that can be kept in Victoria as they are not on the schedules :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Thanks Jason, they are a great looking monitor hey! The American breeders are breeding them at six months old and reckon they breed as freely as accies. Frank Retes posted something about sexing them on varanus.net not long back but I can't remember exactly - my brain hurts.
Down at the Sydney reptile expo a couple of years back Gavin had a couple there on display and said was going to sell younguns for a grand each, seems he changed his mind since then though.

nice glauerti jason :) its a pitty there isnt more of these guys floating round in captivity :( i cant wait till they're price drops they are something i definitly wanna keep in the future along with caudolineatus and brevicauda :)

thanks
nath

i consider myself lucky seeing all of gavin's gluarti in person!!!! :) great bloke to

we still email about my mertens that i got from him and i bought i ages ago

adult pair of tristis, ackies and flavies. the flavi is a full grown female. does any body have a female tristis that looks the same as the one on the left i am willing to pay alot for the right animal

My male Gaulrti was chasing the female today!!
Its the first sign Ive seen of them showing signs of mateing.
They are only aprox 6 months old.
Heres a few more pics I have taken today.
One is my female Mangrove monitor.

Cheers,
Jason

Im so happy the Gaulrti was at it again today.
Mateing like crazy most of the day. :shock:
I put an egg box in for laying.
So hopefully they are old enough.
They should lay in aprox 4 to 6 weeks if all goes well.

Jason :D

How much do you think mangrove monitors will go for Jason?

I was searching around for some last year and found one contact who had 1 juvie male $1700.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back