Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waikare

Reaction score
My missus gave me the ok to get another snake as long as i dont spend over 500 bucks, now here's the problem i can get a good quality female b/g for my male for that price but im think of geeting a coastal and a darwin hatchling as i dont know when i will be allowed some more its taken 2yrs to convince here to let me get another so i thought i would be sneaky and get two and not spend over 500 lol, what does everyone think i should do.

cheers michael

if u hav plans on breeding then go for the female but if not then id go the other 2

yea im not sure i want to breed yet only been keeping for a couple of years and would really love to add more as i have spare cages

i already got a jungle, i want different snakes, think i just answered my own post

i reckon get a woma mate. they're hardy, generally dont refuse a feed and most of them are placid. lol "most"

nourdeadright would love a scrubby they are awesome

I had the same issue...

Had a spotted, but my love affair was for carpets... but my wife said I could only have one...

I told her "I only get to have one hobby, you wan't me to take up strip clubs? or would you rather me have a few snakes?"

Now I have 5 snakes out of my own choice, just cause I can only be bothered taking care of five, and space is an issue... I like having all my snakes in proper sized enclosures, not them click clacks.

If you can't convince your missus to have any number of snakes then get a bredli... honestly a bredli will make you so happy, one of the best species to have.

22743_1289541593556_1080709962_882394_4535839_n.jpg

If you want to get into the hobby with a few snakes, don't get a scrubby as your second snake... your missus wil freak... Play your cards right and win her over with some nice species first and then you will have the freedom of having what ever you want lol.... (like me and my death adders I want)

I hope it works out... and now to convince you more of bredli's...
23528_1309148723722_1080709962_927218_6723244_n.jpg

23528_1309148763723_1080709962_927219_7176870_n.jpg

I had the same issue...

Now I have 5 snakes out of my own choice, just cause I can only be bothered taking care of five, and space is an issue... I like having all my snakes in proper sized enclosures, not them click clacks

22743_1289541593556_1080709962_882394_4535839_n.jpg
if you dont do click-clacks.. why is there one in the background of this pic...

anyway back to the point, my mrs wasn't too keen on getting big snakes, got a coastal now shes buying snakes too! carpets are the way to go mate, they arnt snappy like jungles and are usually (and i use this term loosely) easier to handle :)

And you've already answered your own question, if you dont want to breed then diversify your collection :) one of the best parts about having snakes is showing them off :) (in my opinion anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:
get what ever u like the most mate.. if your not going to bred, get the hatchies, what would you rather look at... 2 jungles or 3 different ones..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back