What sort of reptile is this

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Magickal

Reaction score
I just happened to come across this new type of reptile that took over one of my vacant enclosures..............

Does anyone have any idea what sort of rep it is???????

Cheers
Caz

Herpetofelis hirsutus, probably the subspecies luminoretina. I'm told they feed readily on thawed rats and mice, or live if ya got 'em.
And the branch is a good idea - they are adapted to a partially arboreal lifestyle.

B.C. is the best substrate for them.

:p

Hix

awwww so cute!

its looks like she/he is saying "what YOU looking at"

Hix said:
Herpetofelis hirsutus, probably the subspecies luminoretina. I'm told they feed readily on thawed rats and mice, or live if ya got 'em.
And the branch is a good idea - they are adapted to a partially arboreal lifestyle.

Hix

Love this reply!!

Teamsherman said:
Hix said:

Hix

Love this reply!!

I hear they are prodominately arborial and have been known to eat venison, cattle, sheep and other forms of farm animals. Especially any bird or rodents nearby, which they tend to present as a trophy when caught.

I really think you should up the temps on that enclosure a bit Miss Magickal, I'd say about 80 or 90 deg celcius would work nicely.

thats the "dimsimus fleabagus". very good find indeed.

cooking should be done at 200 deg celcius for 3 hours and turned over every half hour then serve with chips and potato cakes. :D :lol: :)

no, he can't take my credit...lol. so what happened with them anyways? i didn't see what the guy did to the kitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back