What to do if your bitten by a non venomous snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConorLawrence

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey , Ive already posted a thread which was can a BHP eat a dog and you guys seemed to be able to adequately answer my questions so a new question I have is what to do if the the snake decides to bite me and I know at some point (probably sometime in the first week) this will happen. This idea does not scare me in the slightest but I just want to know the best way to get the snake off to not hurt the snake or maybe I need to just let it bite me until it stops, idk. Obviously different sizes mean different situations.

Run it under the cold water tap, it will let go. Photo's are a must!

I wouldn't be putting those near my snakes mouth. Just run it under a cold tap as suggested or just wait till it lets go.

some keeper use metho.. dab it on YOUR arm/hand (not on the snake) infront of its nose it should let go.. use running water(cold)on the head of the snake.. ive never needed either as they usually let go...

Don't use metho ! It might make the snake let go before you get the pics! See I always thought that the snake (if its a feeding response) will eventually figure out that it can't eat you and let go.

After the bite I pour metho on the bite site to 'disinfect' it if you will.

The best thing to do if there are people around who see it and who don't know much about snakes is to fall over and play dead.

walk around the shops with it.
the girls will love it

My spotted bites me quite often when he is hungry or stressed and he is very hard to get off. I think he was trying to swallow my pinky finger once. same name same look I guess..lol. I usually run him under cool water or another method ive found works really well is a few squirts with a spay bottle with water in it.
Stick with it though they get better!!

i thought if you have Rabies you cant get any other diseases !!!!

ha ha ha

the dr told me i had Rabies years ago

If you do get rabies, you probably won't get other diseases because it's incurable once symptoms set in... and you die!

Jamie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back