What to do in Dubbo & Tamworth

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty62

Reaction score
I am off to Dubbo for a few days and I am wandering other than the zoo (that is already on the agenda) what is there to see?? Then we are off to Tamworth, never been to either place and would like some guidance. I have teenage kids and need to keep them amused, any help appreciated.:)

Cheers Dusty

there is a fair bit of shopping to be had but wouldn't really compare to the larger cities, we locals tend to like a beer and a punt so there is a few pubs and a couple of clubs, we have a lookout with some bush walking tracks which may help you with the herping, I've only ever seen skinks, brown snakes and red bellies up there but might be worth a look.

When your in the CBD if you can find peel street turn up white street and follow it all the way to the top.

in dubbo.. apart from the zoo you have the jail.. a sandstone homestead.. a couple of beautiful national parks..plus all the usual things.. movies.. bowling.. paintball. laser tag.. fishing..

Geez Tim forgetting the best attraction of all..the observatory..

The national parks around here are nice, Goonoo has a population of malleefowl, they are pretty cool if your into that sort of thing. Also there's glossy black cockatoos that come to most of the dams in the parks in the late afternoon.
There's also a horseriding place here that do trail rides. and a short drive to Wellington and you have the Wellington caves and phosphate mine.

Thanks Casey , That sounds great good opportunity for some good photo's. Luv the black cockatoos, we get a few around Nowra too!!

Timpye1, My wife said she would like to do the jail but I am not too shore (not my cup of tea) but the natioal parks I hope to see!

Tim I hope to do lots of herping on the trip I am heading up to Lismoore and the Gold Coast as well so should see a good variety of herps

Geez Tim forgetting the best attraction of all..the observatory..

The national parks around here are nice, Goonoo has a population of malleefowl, they are pretty cool if your into that sort of thing. Also there's glossy black cockatoos that come to most of the dams in the parks in the late afternoon.
There's also a horseriding place here that do trail rides. and a short drive to Wellington and you have the Wellington caves and phosphate mine.

do we have an observatory?

Yes Tim, its out near the zoo. I used to work there, not a big place just has a few nice sized telescopes. It really is fun..well I enjoy it anyway

I am going to do my best at that, looking to get some nice frill neck photo's:)

Frill Necks?? good Luck, some good herping around Wellington some of the backroads around you will see plenty. "The Dish" back towards Parkes isn't that far. Lake Burrendong has some nice bushwalking with plenty of herps, lots of big lacies. Check out the rivers at Wellington plenty of platypus sited in them, as well as water rats and EWD.
have fun I am sure you will find something to keep you amused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back