What To Put In This Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have a URS plastic moulded enclosure that is about 65cm x 65cm floor area.. I was thinking of putting two N. amyae in it, but they are beyond my price range!!

Can anybody give me a suggestion as to what I could put in there? Not a snake this time! Would be good if you could give me a rough rice range and pros/cons of the pet!

How many could be kept there, and how much are they each? What are they like as pets?

can get smooth knobs for as little as $130
i mostly see mine at night and rarely during the day.

piss eazy to look after.

there cute to watch hunting,

Skinks

If this is one of the moulded plastic enclosures with stairs, we kept two delicate skinks in one before moving on to Dragons in a propper 4ft enclosure. the skinks were very active and entertaining and required very little upkeep.

Hope that this helps.

i would think the smooth knobs are as entertaining as the amyae, my amyae only come out at night too,...

guess u could stick about 4 into an enclosure that size?

Any ideas on something more active by day? Sand swimmer or small dragons etc?

maybe a tiger snake....

or some Green tree frogs

or sell it? cause im looking for a urs enclosure.

Sounds like you've already got an idea of what you're after. How about, instead of getting narky over responces that you didn't want, you do a little research yourself. In the 16 hours since you posted this question you have had plenty of time do do a little googling and look into smaller diurnal species of critter.

Sounds like you've already got an idea of what you're after. How about, instead of getting narky over responces that you didn't want, you do a little research yourself. In the 16 hours since you posted this question you have had plenty of time do do a little googling and look into smaller diurnal species of critter.

in the words of ishah

"Why so Serious?"

What do you want

What have you got in mind.

If you are open to sugestions;
Scorpions
Spiders

Then again, (being a little bit sarcastic) it might make a nice ant farm, or goldfish bowl.

Seriously how are you planning on providing heat and UVB for reptiles. A heat mat will melt the plastic.

A heatmat won't melt the plastic. They don't get hot enough. I'm pretty sure the moulded URS enclosures have fittings moulded in to them too.

Agreed

The molded units do have tabs that alow you to run a cord througe for a heat rock etc.

The mats have a warning on them advising not to use on plastic.

Having said that I did use a small mat on my plastic enclosure for about a month, without any problems.

The URS enclosure is my mac's enclosure, so heat is no issue - it has a grill at the back for lights. Thanks for all your suggestions.. I think I might look into a sandswimmer, they seem like pretty cool little pets. Wish I could afford amyae though.

aliveandkicking: there's always one. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back