whats a good price for red belly black

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he would milk the venum with some sort of plastic container and a rubber lid.
he would drain the venum so if it bit he would just get very sic and hopefull not die lol
lucky he hasent had that happen.

why have a snake if you just look at it. thats what the zoos for. personaly i have no time for venimus snakes. but jem says he loves the thrill of it could happen.

their venom is a modified form of saliva and is always on hand even after milking.

no offence, but imo your friend probally should not be keeping vens if thats his atitude towards them.!!

im not having a crack guys its just if i had a venimus snake theres is no way i would handle it and to me thats a wast.
im just like that i sapose

I want to get my snake catching permit and need to keep a RBB or similar for 12 mths to get it:D

their venom is a modified form of saliva and is always on hand even after milking.

no offence, but imo your friend probally should not be keeping vens if thats his atitude towards them.!!

You can't just get a class 2 licence without showing responsibility - at least not in qld anyways.

Actually you can. They're not class 2s here but simply an extension on Rec Permits. And like anything that requires the input of a Government agency they can be remarkably easy to come by if you know how to buck the system. I've heard of people who are too scared to handle pythons in bad moods actually managing to get a license for elapids.

if you knew him you would understand lol hes settled down now.
when i first met him he had this mad pitbull that was due to be put down and with a lot of time he got it tame enough to bring out in public. never had a prob untill his old missus decided to get a goat and put it in the back yard because it was cute.

she still thinks it ran away and jem moved the dog to his mums. poor goat.

he said he had to do a handling course and as i said hes done nothing wrong as of yet (he hasent been bitten.

Actually you can. They're not class 2s here but simply an extension on Rec Permits. And like anything that requires the input of a Government agency they can be remarkably easy to come by if you know how to buck the system. I've heard of people who are too scared to handle pythons in bad moods actually managing to get a license for elapids.

It's not an extension - it is a restricted licence.
And u need supporting documentation that i wouldnt beleive is easy to come by. (ie from recognised, published herpetologists.

It isnt just a matter of getting someone from a government agency signing something for you and you paying extra money.

Ummmm it's now been reclassified as an extension. Yes you do need letters to help you get it which means you just have to know the right people who keep elapids and don't care who has a license and are willing to give you a letter to say you can do it. The letters don't need to be from recognised herpetologists (whatever they are) just someone with that same license.

Read that. It is current. Ummm must have changed since you last looked at it. Someone with that same licence? That isn't all they look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back