What's Humane??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
How do you humanely kill rodent or cats or chooks or anything for that matter?? I feed all my food items live after they have seen Adam the dentist! :twisted:

rodents either a quick impact with a hard surface, or a pencil pressed down just behind their neck, chooks a quick twist of the neck, and as far as cats go i am not too sure but i am guessing that a twist of the head will work for them too

mmmm not real keen on any of them as I have hit some mice and rats hard and they still live the little buggers. P.S I am actually a cat lover so no biting my head of!

the pencil is the best option as it severs the spinal cord and causes instant death, but any sudden blow to that area will do it, it has to be hard and quick right at the base of the skull

i just grab their tail and slam them. Shooting them out of sling shots also works well :D

Are you talking about cats ackie? :shock:

grab mice by the neck with two fingers and pull the tail while pressing down with your fingers. its called cervical dislocation i think AKA breaking neck

cheers, jono

I'm still in favour of my dentistry work first and then live prey so they get a bit of excersize. Unless there is a better way as I have not been really successfull in the ways mentioned above.

You simply get a nice sharp pair of siccors and make sure there is nothing for the rat or mouse to bite the snake with, I am cruel in a way I suppose cause I cut 'em right back to the gums,the rodent does live if the snake doesn't kill it this way. It just loses a bit of wieght while it's teeth grow back in a few days. I am sick of wasting rodents when the snake doesn't eat them.

Very strange indeed. JMO. Flick and brick is the way to go also freeze to get rid of any nasties the rat may have on it or in it etc :)

Why would you care how you humanely kill something if you are happy enough to de-teeth a creature with a pair of scissors? Humans are capable of anything, not judging you Adam cause what would you care anyway, but ****in hell that is really cruel. Am I slow and you are just kidding perhaps?

The weight loss is probably more due to the pain it experiences, after having it's teeth cut back through the nerve endings, than the food it can't eat. I am sorry but I just can not condone this sort of inhumane action.

zoe said:
that doesnt sound humane at all...
What no fury? No righteous anger? Someone humanely euthanises a cat and you go apeshit but all the empathy you have for a mouse is ''that doesn't sound very humane''.

if you wanna start a fight i can happily blow up at you cos that wasnt really called for now was it? i am trying to hold back like i did in the initial kittens post before it got so out of hand it just P*ISSED me off

and nobody mentioned anything about how the cats were killed now did they?

I think that we have to be careful about the boundries we are crossing here, there is rules governing the feeding of live animals to reptiles. Also there is rules governing they killing of prey. You all come on here and go on bout the things you do to rats and mice and the like but you need to remember that if we can look on here then so can NPWS. Grow up peoples, Feeding our herps is a fact of life but we don't have to be cruel to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back