WHATS RONG WITH MY SNAKE?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spike14 said:
i couldnt get to wollongong this arvo, does any1 have an idea of what it may beee?

Nope....but a vet that can look at the snake properly instead of guessing over the internet might !! :wink:

Possible it may have lung worms? these worms are nasty as they are not easily treated, if they are upset they tunnel throughout the snake leaving holes everywhere. They can also go into the snakes throat and cause blockages. Good Luck and let us know the outcome.

No, they arent vets, take it to one. Its probably got an infection from having a carving fork shoved in its mouth.
I honestly cant tell you Spike. If there is a problem you seriously need to take it to a vet. Opinions on here are just that and in the end unless the people are very experienced; and even then; they can only offer limited advice without physically seeing the animal. A vet will most likely be a ble to tell you very quickly what is wrong and what to do to fix it.

1 - Best option is to get it to a vet
2 - Check the nasal area for dry skin that may be causing a whistling sound as the air is evacuated from the snakes nostrils If there is dry skin on the nostrils, try gently to remove it. If it won't come out, give the snake a little soak in luke warm water for about 10mins.
3 - If there is no dry skin on or around the nostrils it sounds like a possible case of Resperatory Infection (RI). Watch the snake breathe very closely and check for bubbles or "wet" looking nostrils. If you observe either of these symptoms, keep the temps at a steady 35 degrees with no night time lows. Reduce the size of the water bowl to lower humidity. Take it to a vet at the first possible chance.

Again the above is only what I would do if I couldn't get it to a vet. Considering that vets are usually pretty cheap where reptiles are concerned there are no excuses really. It's impossible for us to diagnose the condition over a forum on the internet. Your best option is to get it to a professional.

Cheers,
Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back