what's the biggest Carpet that you have seen and photographed in the WILD??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found 3 wild carpets 1 F and 2 M in combat, then one male proceded to mate her. She was atleast 9-10 feet. They lived in a bat colony so that would explain their size. She had some issues with her mouth and in hindsite i should have caught her up and shipped her off to a carer.
Wow that would of been good site!

you mention possible exceptions, well that is where the grey area begins isn't it? as has been mentioned who decides where the "possible" comes into it?

everything we do in life has a bearing on wildlife, that is why we have lost so many species to extinction, yesterday i saved a frog from being eaten by a tree snake and i felt fine about it! and yes, i probably would try and save the lorikeet if i thought it would survive, if the quoll had already killed it then fair enough though.

love the comment on getting the animals to change their practices because it inconveniences us - great argument there! between the name calling and your already issued infractions i can see you have been in some good debates already!

:shock:

Can we just talk about big carpets? I've got nothing more to say to you.

Here's one that was about 9ft, i've posted the pic before and it was a call out.

IMGP3658.jpg

Last edited:
One I relocated. Not sure of his length...

Attachments

• PICT0959.jpg
    PICT0959.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 140
  • PICT0964.jpg
    PICT0964.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 135
Hi all,

I thought we found a big one....3250mm or 10'8 in the old scale total length.

This animal was measured using carefully photographed (directly above) and calibrated image and scaled...rather than stretched to a tape and string.

Anyway here is the pics...

3250mmcarpet.jpg

3250carpetadcopy.jpg

3250mmcarpetcopy.jpg

It was found in South East Queensland (I have a permit that allows me to capture and disturb reptiles as part of a scientific research permit)

These pics are not the ones used for scale.

The bulge is suspected to be a macropod.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

as i stand just a lil over six foot! not sure the aktuall legnht tho..and he's a wild one i had to move from a work siite,i walked up on workers who were prodding and poking at it...stuff the permits to capture and relocate when it HAD to be done there and then.was for the welfare of the animal,not mine.:).he wasnt not a happy guy!..!!north brisbane Samford

Attachments

• see.jpg
    see.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Hi all,

I thought we found a big one....3250mm or 10'8 in the old scale total length.

This animal was measured using carefully photographed (directly above) and calibrated image and scaled...rather than stretched to a tape and string.

Anyway here is the pics...
G]

It was found in South East Queensland (I have a permit that allows me to capture and disturb reptiles as part of a scientific research permit)

These pics are not the ones used for scale.

The bulge is suspected to be a macropod.

Cheers,
Scott Eipper

Bahahahaha!!!!!

Did you know you're fly was un-done!!!!

Nice find eipper,i think its had a decent feed recently,maybe a possum.Well done seanjbkorbett,i wouldve done the same,not a bad size either.

warakuzi:....why are you looking at my crotch???

python 73..way to big for a possum

Krusty....we told you it was big ehh

Cheers,
Scott

For those with accurate measurements are you quoting TL or SVL?

All true, except it wasn't released. It was kept, to cross with a Scrubby. Makes me feel sick.

Well that all depends on who you believe. The animal was definately released but certain scum did there best to find out where and to recapture the animal. I would be interested in whom you believe has the animal...

Well that all depends on who you believe. The animal was definately released but certain scum did there best to find out where and to recapture the animal. I would be interested in whom you believe has the animal...
I'd like to know how you are sure it went back. Were you there?
And if the rumor mill is correct, i'd say it was the bloke who was supposed to have put it back.

Here is a pair that a got off a dude in NQ about 5 years ago ,he had them for about 15 years and so they are about 20 years old. The boy how is eating is about 8.5 foot and the girl would was the mother to the 38 babies I just got is much longer than him at least by a foot or more...she is in shed atm so when thats complete I will measure her to see. The enclosure is 2000 L x 1800 H.

ghggh15.jpg

whos got the smallest coastal adult that theve ever seen?

lke a pygmy coastal lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back