what's the biggest Carpet that you have seen and photographed in the WILD??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One from today....she is 9 foot and 8kg:D:D:D

Attachments

• big 001.jpg
    big 001.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 191
  • big 004.jpg
    big 004.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 153
tonys put on some wait :D
sure he wasn't leaning on the scales

nice coastal, therés some biggens out there.

Great thread, nice to see so many big Coastal's
Sparkyondeck.jpg

Here's my fat boy, (Only in the wild when I let him out for exercise) 3.3m was the most accurate measurement I got off him averaging 9-10 Kg.

G'day Sloops,

Where are you based? I would love to run a tape measure over him if possible.

Cheers

I was looking at that one Jonno,its big but i doubt its 3.3m,i say it might be around2.7-2.9m give or take a few inches,it would be very interesting to actually measure it...

sloops jonno offers a carton for big coastals so i am more then intrigued at watching the thread and cant wait till i see the measurments of your beauty :)

what's the biggest Carpet that you have seen and photographed in the WILD??

Please post pics.

Removals don't count....you were called there you did not find it yourself.

Photo's would be great

Cheers,
Scott

I know its not a coastal but someone did ask for a scrubby

I wanna see a big scrubby anyone got pics of 1 stretched out

Is this big enough for you? Moved off a road just north of Townsville couple of years ago. Very placid at the time.

Attachments

• rP1000128[1].JPG
    rP1000128[1].JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 94
  • rP1000130[1]edit.JPG
    rP1000130[1]edit.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 132
  • rP1000134[1].JPG
    rP1000134[1].JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 80
  • rP1000135[1].JPG
    rP1000135[1].JPG
    54 KB · Views: 77
Gee thats a nice size scrubby,roughly what lenght would that have been.Whats with the bags,everyone is starting to look like QldMorelias...l

Not bags just blotted out the faces as I haven't got contact with these people to ask if its ok to post their image on the net. Python wasn't directly measured so I'd just be guessing at length.

Hold the beers finally got a decent measure on Sparky today, (with assistance from the wife).
Sparkymes.jpg

The measure is set at 3.3, and he ain't near that. I'd say Pythons73 should get the case for the most accurate guess from a pic. He's 2.8, (at the most), which also means he's also over weight:(, so it's diet time for Sparkums me thinks. I guessing a male of he's size should be in the 7-8 kg range? (not 10+). The skin he shed's comes out at around 3.5 meters so it must stretch like a bitch when he pulls it off.:shock:

A lad i know has one that would almost go that long and has part of tail missing, i will try and ge t pics and actual size this week.

Its still a good size Sloops,So whats that your getting me a case.How often does it get feed.One of my big girls eats whatever is put in front of her,ive actually only started feeding her once a month.

Think you deserve the case for skills with the size ID;)
He pretty much eats whats put in front of him, but he's been takin 2 x 350 grm rats a week and I think I'll cut that back to 1 a week and then once a fortnight as the temp drops. I'll be letting him cool off this winter, as he normally stops feeding for 3 months Jul-Oct being outside. Hopefully looking at getting him a mate for next breeding season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back