Whats the go!! (Exotics on Petlink)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange1

Reaction score
Hey all!
Whats the go with everyone suddenly asking for exotics on petlink?
Every second ad is someone after an exotics snake or turtle or something!
Damn hippies....

THAT IS ALL!

They seem to be getting a little slack these days, with the influx of thousands of new keepers the powers to be are a little over worked and the black market is growing. It is getting to the point of many people buying exotics and arn't even aware they are illegal. A good herper friend of mine saw a kid walking down the Princes Hwy, Kirrawee with a corn around his arm.

I got told the other day that "a guy" someone knows can sell you a reptile and give you a licence with it at the same time, it sounded a wee bit dodgy to me, I'm assuming that he doesn't work for the EPA od National Park. Needless to say, I wanted nothing to do with it and don't even want to know any more details of the guy selling but the guy telling me about it was adamant that it was legitimate.

Re: RE: Whats the go!! (Exotics on Petlink)

junglepython2 said:
"WTB - unusual / exotic reptiles - all considered, thanks'

For the life of me i don't get it!!! We are lucky enough to live in a country that is home to some of the most beautiful reptiles in the world yet people still insist on illegally buying and owning Exotics. Sad that some people just can't be happy with the beautiful natives that we can own legally. Just my two cents.

Cheers,
Misky

I agree! And I think many either don't give a damn about the damage that can be done by exotics or are oblivious to it.

So sad we have such a beautiful country and we're not looking after it as we should.

For the life of me i don't get it!!! We are lucky enough to live in a country that is home to some of the most beautiful reptiles in the world yet people still insist on illegally buying and owning Exotics. Sad that some people just can't be happy with the beautiful natives that we can own legally. Just my two cents.

Couldnt agree more!

Hi Guys,

i actually posted that topic on petlink, and before you get all high and mighty, i suggest you find out the truth - what i meant by the add was unusual looking reptiles, i have made a mistake by using the word exotics, which i thought was a desription of these type of repts. So next time before you start posting my particulars in a forum - ask!

I have also bought and sold reptiles through webpage, and even to members commenting on this forum

Yes, and they are still coming, im not going to name names and what was offered, but am very surprised just what is out there

so you guys do have a point, but like i said - ask, instead of rubbishing someone who has made a description mistake

People in assuming that what you wrote is what you meant in an ad. How silly of them.

I tried...

Hi all

I contacted the Department of National Parks and Wildlife about Petlink and they said they would be looking into it. So far nothing has been done tho... obviously

Hi tsbj,

It was never an attack agaisnt you, it just seems to be a trend lately on petlink that people are quite openly asking for exotics as there have been many. And I never posted your particulars only the details that were made public on another public site. I only put it up as I read the thread at about the same time I saw the ad and thought it was relevant.

ok, and im sorry to say you guys are right, i didnt realise half this stuff would be able to get in / survive over here, but i suppose if you can get in a couple of thousand ecstasy tablets through customs, some of this other stuff would be a breeze, and pete - i shall always check my adds now for correct interpretations, just thought exotic meant different. Another question completey off topic - but what grade is number 3 grade vermiculite, any help would be appreciated

Re: I tried...

mauesha said:
Hi all

I contacted the Department of National Parks and Wildlife about Petlink and they said they would be looking into it. So far nothing has been done tho... obviously

what are you expecting them to do. Unless someone lays a formal complaint and offers to make a statement giving details of an actual illegal act and naming the perpetraters then NPWS can do nothing. As this thread shows not everything you see there is what you think it is.

RE: Re: I tried...

They could put up a few ads of their own and organise some stings if they really wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back