What's your dayjob?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katgurl

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm a dog groomer (canine hygiene consultant, lol) and I'm having a day off and wondering what everyone on here does for a crust? :D

i'm a photoshopper, lots of fun but the boss is a tosser,... :p

Design Draftsman - I work with housing engineers and draw the footing plans, layouts and reports for new houses/extensions. I also do general drafting whenever an engineer needs something drawn up. It's all computer drawn/based though.

school..............................what else can i say except BORING!!!

How fantastic guys! I wish I could do a different job everyday of the week :) I love variety and a challenge. Tahnee, my dad used to design display homes, it'd be awesome to do something that people want to live in! Chris, photoshopping is a huge talent, not easy to do. :)

Hey!! Dont ever underestimate school... most of us wish we were back there once and a while. what an easy life! ;)

Design Draftsman - I work with housing engineers and draw the footing plans, layouts and reports for new houses/extensions. I also do general drafting whenever an engineer needs something drawn up. It's all computer drawn/based though.
+1
I did this for 3 years then went onto larger high rise buildings (40+ levels, some in Aust but most in Dubai) while I was working in Sydney.
But now Im working in ACT on the "water for life" project.

I spend my days hanging off spanners, Got holidays for the week but.

Salesman (liar, cheat, theif etc) :p by day, slave to the menagary (sp?) by night.

Lol, nat0810.... at least you're honest about your job... and well, you're not a lawyer.. :) (sorry lawyers..!)

OH I don't design, you're thinking of architects, I do the structural parts, the bits that hold up the house so that id doesn't sink, crack or get blown away. Mainly the concrete slabs, how thich the haveto be, what reinforcing hasto be used how big the footings should be...

The guys I work with don't care much for architects they make our jobs difficult, they GENERALLY (not all) winge about the cost of the reinforcing and stuff that they'll need for the thing that they've designed, or that the footings are too big and "does it really need that?" or "I don't think that's nessesary, can we do without it?" Builders are worse, we tell them what they need, they do something completely different, then we haveto check it all over again to see if it'll still work.... Sorry, rambling...

Edit: sorry not ALL builders, I'm thinking of just a specific group we're dealing with at the moment.

yer but you don't get paid thats the problem lol

Trust me you'll want to go back to it, try jugling family, friends, housework, bills and pets all while working full time! (and I haven't even got kids yet) At least at school you get to see your mates every day.

So your job is even more interesting than i thought :) So, without you and people like you, then builders and architects are up poo creek. Awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back