Wheeleri Breeding Weights

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithers

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I have a yearling pair of Wheeleri that I'll be putting together after winter and was wondering who have bred these what their females weight was at mating?

Cheers,
Brett

Cheers for that,......

My Girl is 15g is that comparative to you yearlings?

Correct. Not sure if this is a good weight. She eats very well,loves her food. She dropped a clutch 3 weeks after I got her last year and then another clutch 3-4 weeks later. Have not put the male back in with her. What month is a good month to start putting male geckos in with the females?

I thought as the longer days and warmth came up around August Sept,...

Correct. Not sure if this is a good weight. She eats very well,loves her food. She dropped a clutch 3 weeks after I got her last year and then another clutch 3-4 weeks later. Have not put the male back in with her. What month is a good month to start putting male geckos in with the females?

Was it just the 2 clutch in a season Grunter?

Last edited:
2 clutches for me yes. I aquired a adult pair. Not sure if she dropped any clutches before that in the same season for the previous owner. She may have.
I am holding onto the 3 hatchies I have now to determine sex. After that I will be selling some. I love my little Wheelies!
I have some Asper due to hatch anyday. Can't wait as it will be my first Asper babies!

SorrY to hijack but what is the minimum age to pair amyae together? I would think it would be the same for wheelies.

Cheers,

Dan

I have heard of amyae breeding around 9 months of age, I think it depends on how much weight you put on them compared to age,

thanx heaps guys..

Just a followup on breeding age for Amyae, what would be a good weight to breed?

Last edited:
Sorry to hyjack your hyjack,....

Any other breeder know what their female Wheeleri weighed at start of breeding season?

Cheers

Hey Brett,

I dont weigh my Geckos, so I cant really help with weight,.
I moreso go off the size of the gecko.

I have had some that are ready to breed at 10 months old, but then others that are not of size until around 12-15months.

Amyae & Asper are usually at least 1 year old before I would attempt breeding them,. again depending on their size.

Any chance of getting some pics of her?

View attachment 188366View attachment 188367
Hey Brett,

I dont weigh my Geckos, so I cant really help with weight,.
I moreso go off the size of the gecko.

I have had some that are ready to breed at 10 months old, but then others that are not of size until around 12-15months.

Amyae & Asper are usually at least 1 year old before I would attempt breeding them,. again depending on their size.

Any chance of getting some pics of her?

Hey Kelly,

Thanks for helping out,...The female is pic one the male pic two,...Hope this helps

Cheers,
Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back