Which species for 60cm by 60cm cage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

future_keeper

Reaction score
I have a cage subdivided into 60cm by 60cm halves with a strip of heat tape split between the two halves. Half of the heat tape is available on each side. I am looking at a pair of one of the smaller species, probably savu, spotted, or childrens since those are the snakes most available to me that I think I could fit into this space? It seems that the spotted would be the easiest to breed followed by the childrens but I am not sure if the cage is large enough for the spotteds? I cannot find much information on breeding the savu. I really want to watch eggs hatch out, so I am thinking maybe I should save this species for another time?

hey that cage seems abit small. you could probably get away with a ant for a while, if you are interested in watching eggs hatch and only have that limited space available i may suggested getting some geckos or something
Cheers Liam

hey that cage seems abit small. you could probably get away with a ant for a while, if you are interested in watching eggs hatch and only have that limited space available i may suggested getting some geckos or something
Cheers Liam
Huh? 2x2 is plenty for Antaresia.

I would agree that a 2 x 2 is big enough for Antaresia though I wouldn't like to house a pair in it. I like to give them the opportunity to escape eachother ;)

Antaresia perthensis-Pygmy python or Antaresia stimsoni-pygmy Stimson's python

Each individual will have a 2x2 space, so the total cage size is 4x2. One other question came up regarding Childrens pythons, are there any pictures of the "red phase" childrens pythons. I searched google but didn't come up with anything.

You can find heaps of pics of different colour morphs on google images - I just searched for them myself. I searched "colour morph antaresia childreni" and "red antaresia childreni" - good pics from the antaresia.com site and also from australianaddiction.com.

Many people breed them though- I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a colour you like. Ask to see pictures of the parents to give you some kind of indication of how they might change in adulthood. My advice for choosing a snake when you have a colour in mind is not to settle - the one you want will eventually come along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back