Whip snake pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This little fella was rescued from a garage the other day, hubby got a few nice pics before release, thought you might like to see.....

Attachments

• Whip1.JPG
    Whip1.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 63
  • Whip2.JPG
    Whip2.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 50
  • Whip4.JPG
    Whip4.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Whip6.JPG
    Whip6.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Whip7.JPG
    Whip7.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 53
Nice, I had a squashed one on the road outside my house last week. Good to see a healthy one!

ooh ^_^ its very cute

i found one a few months ago heres a piccy :p i love them, i wish i could keep one!

my pic is close to adulthood, your little fella tan is soooo cute you can tell its only a bub just by looking at those big beautiful eyes! let alone the length haha. very very cute indeed :p if only it were human and not venomous... hmmmm not many cute ones around here...

nice little fellow, can we keep any of these species in QLD on licence, id assume that feeding (what they would eat- skinks etc) would be a problem with their husbandry tho.
thanks for the pics

so cool, as soon as i saw it i said to myself i want one:D lol
and how venomous are they say compared to an eastern brown?

Nice pics Tan, love the whips, dont see too many of them here.

Jordan

They certainly are out and about....

I work for QAS , and yesterday I Called one of the Brisbane Snake catchers to go out to this house and relocate a Yellow Faced Whip Snake for someone that had been bitten....

Was in Closeburn Area....

so cool, as soon as i saw it i said to myself i want one:D lol
and how venomous are they say compared to an eastern brown?

Whipsnake bites are usually nothing to worry about, although it would certainly be a good idea to seek some medical advice if you are tagged by a 4ft monster. They are not even close to being in the same league as a Brown Snake.

My cat caught a whipsnake the other week, i kept it inside for a couple of hours gave it a drink, offered it a frozen pink (which it ate without a problem) it had the brightest back i have ever seen on a whip, it was a desert sand red colour, i had never seen this before on a whip, But i let it go once it showed signs of improvement, it wasn't badly hurt at all

I got tagged on the back of my calf muscle, the worste it got was like being bitten by a green ant, of course, it was only two foot long

When i was alot younger i bitten on the hand by a little whip snake down in victoria. We get a few of them around the house, they're a beautiful reddy-brown with a black head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back