Who dares wins

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TLC

Not so new Member
Reaction score
OK ....

Who's first?

cobra.jpg

hehehe...like the penguins. they line up on a cliff no one wants to go into the water where their might be a big hungry seal. eventually they just pushing eachother off the cliff. its funny as!

personally my money is on the mongooses!

andrew

I guess when the odds are stacked against you like the poor cobra, what chance do you stand to win.

one on one its bad enough for the poor old cobra, let alone 20 against one!! :|

Beautiful Cobra!
Shame it almost certainly would have been the last photo taken of it before the furry one's had dinner.

Re: RE: Who dares wins

moosenoose said:
It'd be nice if the cobra took out at least 50% of them though :p hehehe
Unfortunately for the cobra, the mongooses have a certain immunity to the venom.

It's a fait accompli. Great photo tho'!

:p

Hix

RE: Re: RE: Who dares wins

immunity to venom is good. though if i was the cobra i would prefer the mongooses to something like those african honey badgers. saw a documentary on them and this one went off against a puff adder got bitten killed the snake then felt a bit iffy for a couple hours, then back to normal eating his snake.

not fully imune but definatly not as bad as it would be for us!

andrew

RE: Re: RE: Who dares wins

In india when the mogoose are in a group they take it in turns to attack the cobra, same in africa i think, but each one strikes a fraction of a second after the previous. So with 20 mongoose, 5 or 10 could attack within a second or 2, making it impossible for the cobra to succesfully defend itself, 99 times out of 100 the mongoose always wins!

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Who dares wins

SLACkra said:
one went off against a puff adder got bitten killed the snake
I think I saw that one Andrew - was he bitten on the face and it swelled up to the size of a cricket ball...

That was pretty amazing - I was sure it was dead...

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Who dares wins

Moongoose generally win, slightly faster reflexes than the cobra and mass together making it hard for snake to define a single target. Thats nature, sometimes harsh, always amazing! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back