Who Has Been Ripped On E-Bay

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always pay with Paypal :D if something goes wrong you've got a very good chance of getting a refund :D

I love ebay - have saved many hundreds/thousands of dollars over the years.
I have just recently decorated my daughters wedding through ebay alone , and that is through aust and asian sellers...
My daughter also purchased her wedding dress and the bridesmaids dresses on ebay as well...
Occasionally have had minor problems- but they have been able to be resolved pleasantly and quickly....
Its just like buying anything in normal retail - sometimes you get a lemon and have to stand up for your rights...

i love ebay i have never had a problem with it. every time an item has not matched the description or i have recived the wrong size i have been offered a replacement or a refund with the seller paying the postage. I tend to only buy from users with 100% positive ratings.

That sucks - definately put in a dispute!... I'm addicted to ebay, love it to bits and living rural I use it ALOT have had a coupke of probs here and there over the years but as a whole I love it : p like Ian Davo I've planned miss 5's party with all my supplies from ebay and I don't do dodgey party's I bought bubble,candy grabber, fairy floss machines etc and they're all here perfect : )

Thanks for the support and advice everyone, and i did act nicely at the start it was only when the seller gave me lip I had to put them in there place! Now the matter has been resolved they are giving a full refund apon return of the rags. Victory another shafty seller goes down!

Yep been done on ebay, Bought some R/C gear paid by paypal. Item was sent registered with delivery confirmation. When i got to the PO to pick it up i thought the box felt lighter than expected. Got home and opened it to find half a housebrick and a heap of newspaper. Ebay/Paypal couldnt do a thing about it as the seller had proof that the package was delivered. As i had paid by Paypal using my creditcard, i went to my bank who refunded the money and went chasing the seller for fraud.

Always use Paypal and by Credit Card if poss
Get items sent Registered(free insurance to $100), I get mine sent Person to Person so only i can sign for it and Auspost will ask for ID to ensure it is you.

99% of buying through ebay will be good, there will always be people trying to rip unsuspecting buyers off

Lodge a paypal dispute, leave negative feedback. If enough people lodge paypal disputes about the seller I believe paypal talks to ebay and the seller will be removed. If you can buy from powersellers with good feedback. When you goto a sellers feedback page you can click on the negative and view that only if you didn't know.

Also you can request the sellers contact information..... in my experience only 50% of the sellers leave the proper contact details. You enter their username and the item number and ebay emails you (usually instantly) there details.

I only had one near miss (all was resolved) but, as well as lodging a complaint through Ebay, I googled the sellers user name, and got enough information to find them on Facebook....including last name and the suburb they lived :D

Michelle

thats unlucky

my sister got jibbed once, bought a phone ment to be brand new, didnt even charge or turn on.. got the money back though

definatly open a case and when its resolved leave the worst possible feedback

its a sad world when you cant trust anyone any more so only use pay pal and only buy of sellers that have 0ne hundred percent positive on there feed back and put a dispute in

I love eBay and out of masses of fab bargains have only been burnt once. We won a little motorbike from a power seller for $200 and all we received was a letter saying they were bankrupt. Turns out they owed something like $40k to suppliers and customers when they went under. We didn't use paypal that time so couldn't get a refund, lesson learnt.

It's not ebay's fault, you just have to be careful and check the feedback of the seller and always use paypal. Just lodge a complaint with paypal, get your money back and enjoy the other great bargains and sellers out there!

I suppose I should elaborate on my story a little...

I was purchasing a PS3 controller - I saw they had some normal black ones (Sony original) in China for around $34 (or there-abouts). But there was a fellow in Australia selling white ones for $44... So I thought... Damn, I really should support the Aussie guy, even though I didn't want white...

So I paid....

A few days later I got a letter from eBay saying that the purchase had been closed and I should take action... So I got this fellow's phone number and tried to get hold of him... No luck...

So I quickly took PayPal action - which you can do within 45 days I think... I did that and then a week or so later I got my money back, all of it, including postage and I purchased the cheaper PS3 black controller from China...

Guess lesson learnt....

I've never been ripped off personally... but when my dad brought my 'genuine Pandora from China' I wasn't too happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back