*WHO IS YOUR TRUE HERP HERO*????? Who has been your biggest inspiration????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neil Sonnemann for me. Got my first python from him in 95-96 and he has been a great help ever since.
T

For me its [h=6]orientalis[/h] he has the worlds most stunning darwins and hes such a good helpful person If anyone deserves a pat on the back he does and his reptile knoweledge is endless

Last edited:
anyone who would put up with the 21 questions between breathing when i was younger.
Tie, scott, mike, danny, ads, dan, steve w and keiren were and still are very helpful to me

And if those 21 questions were the same one. You soon learn to know the ppl who enjoy helping to those who can't be bothered.

Although I have never met the man, David Williams is an inspiration to me.

would definately be jungleman (wayne) if it wasnt for him i would still be hiding behind the door when i went to my mums place lol. he has tought me most of what i know and has always been a great help when ever needed

for me ill go back thirty odd years and say a big thank you and may you rest in peace to RAM CHANDRA he took the time to answer all the questions a ten year old kid could ask.

For me it would be my parents! they started it and encouraged an inquisitive
natured 8 yo all those years ago.

And for those of you that have Steve Irwin i hope its for his showman ship
as he was vermentley opposed to the private keeping of reptiles and worked against it at every opportunity.

for me ill go back thirty odd years and say a big thank you and may you rest in peace to RAM CHANDRA he took the time to answer all the questions a ten year old kid could ask.

NOVED...... My very first ever snake show I saw was when I was 12 by RAM CHANDRA at Sundale shopping centre at Southport Gold Coast..... I have never forgotten that experience as i was TERRIFIED of snakes before and after his show lol.. He wanted a volunteer to get a snake bit... back then I thought it was for real and i ran a mile lol.... That guy was awesome

Naturalist - Harry Butler.

Harry Butler was also my inspiration as a child to get out into the bush and discover things. He was a pioneer through the media. Who didn't go to a school where someone had the nickname "Harry" for being a bit of a wild bushman. Hell i even named my eldest boy Harry after him, ironically he prefers computers than herps and my middle boy is more of a naturalist.

Gird

Yes Kathy I believe our very first herp helpers/friends are invaluable in making it an experience that gives us the confidence and dedication to go further within the hobby... Without them we may have stopped at one snake or dragon....... Hats off to all our most valuable mentors

That's it Deb :D After getting my first python which I was rather timid off at first, I wasn't planning to get anymore. But then I followed Jamie along to the herp meetings and saw his collection and met new people and didn't really know just how many different beautiful reptiles there really were. Now I have 13 beautiful pythons.

Unfortunately my three heros are no longer with us .... I am not that old but they departed prematurely, at least the two of them. Mick Talbot, who taught me how to find, catch and handle snakes, Charles Tanner showed me how to keep them and Graham Settle inspired me to study zoology.
Of course there are many more contemporary herpers that I look up to, too many to mention.

Michael

Baden (solar17) has showed me so much over the years and a big thank you to him, baden always takes his time to chat while i learn. Thanks mate.

As a fellow West Australian, and someone who came to work with him from time to time, Harry Butler featured heavily in my formative herp years. He, and Vincent and Dom Serventy, were wildlife icons in this country. I had the pleasure of building and installing the displays at the Harry Butler Museum on Barrow Island - home of huge Perenties.

Jamie

Ian Jenkins, owner/operator of Snakes Downunder Reptile Park, gave me the opportunity of a lifetime in volunteering at his park. All the experience I have in keeping everything from Scrubbies and Tais to Perenties and Crocs has come from him, along with the snake shows that got me out of my shell and all the relocations and tour guiding, is thanks to Ian, his wife and his employees at the park. What started out as a week-long school work experience program has paved my way in the field to which I hope to devote my life.

for me, it sounds cheesy but, i'd have to thank Beeman (craig) for everything hes helped me with and put up with my stupid questions!! he was an awesome guy to meet and i love my spotted dearly and i couldn't have asked for a better first snake!!!!! i hope your glad to know craig that you are awesome and you are the person that helped me love this hobby and to respect these animals so much.
i forgot to add Rob Bredl!!! i talk to him a bit and he is just awesome! i'm pretty sure i own all of the Killer Instincts collection and i'm looking for the bush tucker one! and bredlislave, whats your problem? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back