Who to trust when buying from another state?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Paul I can't stress enough do your homework I myself will only deal with the main breeders in the hobby if I was to go outside this I would only use PayPal for some piece of mind if something were to go pair shaped

Some people (like me.) don't use a home phone, I have a mobile with me at all times so I don't see the point.
Well "Umbral" lts simple (very) you show me/us where someone has provided a home phone no. and an address and ripped someone off ...but its the mobile phone (only) user 1/ my battery was flat 2/l was out of range 3/l left my phone at my friends place 4/ l accidently switched my phone off 5/ the phone company cut me off by mistake only last week someone MOBILE PHONE ONLY ripped off several people over GTP's.......the list goes on.....solar 17

I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, I just think that we shouldn't think to ourselves 'He doesn't have a home number listed they must be trying to rip people off.'. Would it be possible to call up and check that their licence number has the same details as their drivers licence (Get a scanned copy emailed to you and they can black out their address.)

Well "Umbral" lts simple (very) you show me/us where someone has provided a home phone no. and an address and ripped someone off ...but its the mobile phone (only) user 1/ my battery was flat 2/l was out of range 3/l left my phone at my friends place 4/ l accidently switched my phone off 5/ the phone company cut me off by mistake only last week someone MOBILE PHONE ONLY ripped off several people over GTP's.......the list goes on.....solar 17

I wasn't saying it was a bad idea, I just think that we shouldn't think to ourselves 'He doesn't have a home number listed they must be trying to rip people off.'. Would it be possible to call up and check that their licence number has the same details as their drivers licence (Get a scanned copy emailed to you and they can black out their address.)
"Umbral" what gives me a rash be it justified or not so many people "hide" under the security banner that "my collections at risk" so no address........solar 17

I think that is sometimes justified, we have seen a few stolen herp threads in the past. Just out of curiosity, would the method I posted above work? Or since you need ID to buy a sim card could you contact police with the persons number and get them to sort it out should the worst happen?

Im not trying to start an argument, just looking for options for people who only use a mobile or don't want their home phone ringing late at night.

Another way to check a person out if they are an adult and "bonified" is and anybody can do this is to look on "the electral roll" if there is big money involved .....by the way this costs nothing and there is electral roll access in all areas for the whole of Australia.....solar 17 :)

- - - Updated - - -

Another way, just use APS and publicly ask about the person "if" they are of good character l sure a few glowing references wouldn.t upset anyone solar 17

I think that is sometimes justified, we have seen a few stolen herp threads in the past. Just out of curiosity, would the method I posted above work? Or since you need ID to buy a sim card could you contact police with the persons number and get them to sort it out should the worst happen?

Im not trying to start an argument, just looking for options for people who only use a mobile or don't want their home phone ringing late at night.
the police wont be giving you anybody's information just for asking nicely , the person would need to be getting investigated and even then their doing the investigating not you

i do think the department should start up a thing like what youve mentioned though , just get on the net type in the given licence number , supposed name given and see if they match it wont stop all scams but would stop the poorly thought out nigerian bank account scams , although people should be able to spot those types

I bought a black headed python years ago from a Victorian breeder. I had to send $1500.00. I rang up the Herp Shop that were in the same state and asked them was this guy OK. And he was, we still have that BHP girl today.

He doesn't keep any of his previous buyers information,
Hmm I think I'll give it a miss and hopefully a Bhp pair will show up at the VHS expo or something,
Thanks everyone,
Yeh the departments should look into something like that or though it would be very hard for every department to get it up and running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He doesn't keep any of his previous buyers information,
Hmm I think I'll give it a miss and hopefully a Bhp pair will show up at the VHS expo or something,
Thanks everyone,
Yeh the departments should look into something like that or though it would be very hard for every department to get it up and running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There should be plenty of Vic breeders of BHPs... put out a wanted ad on the forum.

There will be Bhp's available at the expo :), Most will be this seasons hatchies, not to sure if the will be any adults though.

maby we should have a list on here of private breeders/ sellers who frieght and buys can leave feed back for them, so wen someone is thinking of buying interstate they can look them up and see if they have a good reputation.

maby we should have a list on here of private breeders/ sellers who frieght and buys can leave feed back for them, so wen someone is thinking of buying interstate they can look them up and see if they have a good reputation.

All in the Marketplace Feedback section :)

All in the Marketplace Feedback section :)

but don't you have to click on a persons user name to see their feed back? lets say i see an add on another site and the persons name comes up but they don't have any feed back on that site. if we had a list here for all breeders/ sellers wether they are members on not we would be able to see if they reliable.

plus alot of people don't even bother leaving feedback in the market place section.

lets say i see an add on another site and the persons name comes up but they don't have any feed back on that site. if we had a list here for all breeders/ sellers wether they are members on not we would be able to see if they reliable.

Wouldn't that be free advertising for people who aren't even members on here let alone subscribers? Besides not everyone would want their names plastered all over the net.

Wouldn't that be free advertising for people who aren't even members on here let alone subscribers? Besides not everyone would want their names plastered all over the net.

yeah it would, but the benifits of being able to find a reliable breeder who freights for subscribers here would outway making a profit. also as i said they have their names listed on other sites so i'm pretty sure they would not mind it on here.

You got a table this year mate... I'll pop up and say Hi if you do, I'll be easy to spot... I'll have a name tag on.
Yes we will have a table again this year, By all means come up and have a yak:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back