Another Case of Neglect/Uneducation.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you could do a few things. Call DEC and tell them you have been handed an unlicensed animal and that you want to hand it in. Or call a reptile remover and tell them you found it in your back yard. They wont relocate it as they will asume its an escaped pet and will hand it in.

Ill see if i still have the email for the person i talked to a few weeks, dont believe the hype about animals being euthinized. Worst case scenarion it will be put up for balot or to a zoo

Not like me to be controversial but..............................
Where is the evidence to suggest that growing a snake slowly is neglect or because the owner was ignorant?
When I was raised into this hobby many moons ago it was suggested that growing animals slowly produced stronger animals with expected lifespans in excess of animals that were grown quickly. As with humans who grow too quickly is it not likely that power fed animals will be more prone to weaknesses of internal organs
Who has done the 20 odd years of research to support either of these ideas?

Not like me to be controversial but..............................
Where is the evidence to suggest that growing a snake slowly is neglect or because the owner was ignorant?
When I was raised into this hobby many moons ago it was suggested that growing animals slowly produced stronger animals with expected lifespans in excess of animals that were grown quickly. As with humans who grow too quickly is it not likely that power fed animals will be more prone to weaknesses of internal organs
Who has done the 20 odd years of research to support either of these ideas?

It is not so much as being "undersized" but the fact that the animal is obviously thin and lacks muscle. Definitely not what you would call healthy. I do agree to an extent though as in the wild they eat irregularly and as such size varies. These still tend to be healthy animals. There is nothing natural about a snake only eating 10g feeds its whole life.

I have the same issue with a wonderful spotted she is 1.2 m also only fed mice pinkys skinny as and had no water hide or heat as she was kept in air conditioned room after a few weeks we have got her taking rat pups and she's going great but now I'm being informed I have to Putin a complaint form with rangers and notice of intent to keep her bit mad as I contacted them well before we took the snake and they made it sound easy golly as I told them she was left by her owner and after 6 months of this treatment I have saved her life she was left with a girl who didn't want her there and was scared by her hopefully all goes well and I won't have to surrender her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back