Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Job mate, you would have made all the ego driven dads look like pussies when you picked it up

The kids would have thought you were the coolest ever !

Oh awesome dude! You're a snake hero!
I would have done the same thing, I cannot stand mindless killings. Good on you for saving him!!

Well done mate, Beautiful looking RBB!!! mite as well jump on board a request those other pics...:p

just asking not trying to be smart, but do you know how to hold the head correctly?has anyone shown you how to do it?as I see in that hold the snake could still turn its head and bite you thats all.....i was taught finger (one being my thumb )either side of head and one finger on top of head ,that way snakes head is restricted and as safe as it can be in that hold .....(still a risky movement and SHOULD NEVER be done by anyone that isnt a permit /ven keeper holder);)otherwise glad you saved the bugger from the club weilding cavemen:evil:

There has always gotta be one bright-spark hasent there......In my orig post i said---The only reason i am posting this story & pic is i wanted to share how beutifull this one was with people who realy appriciate these beutifull creatures...(not interested in your ethics or technichal rubbish,,you werent there!) So youve been taught??? So how many big wild peved-of vens have you caught while trying to utilize inproper tools(big fat putters) & ward off 10 macho men swinging, swearing @ you and the snake....And done it on the fly..(ie no warning, prep & phsycing up???) Heaps i bet!! Its a world apart from doing it in a sterile controled enviro where the snake is tamed & calmed for the purpose of training. Handeling these snakes is always a big risk,,wild or captive bread. Any ven owner will know these risks & calculate acordingly. I am concious of the fact that the tech i HAD to use wasent optimum...hence me touching on this in my copied 1st orig post.. My Focus was the situation & the remarkably beutiful snake,,I was certianaly not holding a restraining lesson.. I guess i thought my orig comment was enough to let people know i was concious of this. Obviously not. I think others in this post have shown how to educate the public whilst "keeping it real" about the situation & how it went down. (regarding restraint tec.) I thank & comend them.;)

Still waiting on those better res pics.

Ska, I really don't think RBB was having a go at you mate, just trying to give you advice for next time, though fingers crossed there won't be one. It's great that you saved the little fella but would've been a damned shame if you'd been bitten, probably would've ended up a dead snake *and* a very unwell human.

Well done Skakavacjakovac, great looking snake, I got an RBBS exactly the same but he is apparently more calm then the one you crossed :p They are asome snakes especially these big ones, I'm building mine an enclosure for inside, he is too pretty for the herp shed, I want him in the lounge with me :D

why thankyou Greebo.:Das was said not haven a go at you, was simply stating a better way of holding the head .I understood you had not had your gear with you ......and that wasnt my point ........and YES mate I do catch wilds vens as well as anything that slides along its belly,.from the most difficult places ...i dont put on rep shows with capt breeds...I go into peoples houses where most of the time I am dealing with a very aggrivated and highly strung snake.I have caught big eastern browns on my own as a woman OMG can you believe that possible???and have even come close to catching a taipan!!.......just cause you are born of male gender doesnt mean you are of higher statis.......so your appology will be accepted either on here or in a pm .thank you :)

That's so cool skakavacjakovac !!! Would loved to have been there to have seen you catch it and save the day.

Can I also just say that I think what redbellybite was trying to ask you as nicely as he could with out offending you was , was that the way you learnt to hold the snakes head.

aw well done mate,he probably didn't realise that he would be dead!My buds in the class when ever they see a snake they say they either cut it's head off or torment it until it's dead

I have caught big eastern browns on my own as a woman OMG can you believe that possible???and have even come close to catching a taipan!!.......just cause you are born of male gender doesnt mean you are of higher statis.......so your appology will be accepted either on here or in a pm .thank you :)

I think both of you need to take a chill pill, but I cannot see any valid reason for bringing your gender into it.

ok was a bit over the top with my second post and can be big enough to say sorry to SKAK. But ,as far as my first post, I wasnt being sarcastic or spiteful in any way shape or form.I had asked a simple few questions after seeing the picture of the head hold ......and he retaliated like a fire ant .......as far as the female comment goes , so use to being told BUT your only a woman when it comes to catching I do jump on the defence when they presume before they know.....and anyway even if I wasnt a catcher and just a ven keeper ....I wouldnt underestimate the danger in keeping and handling in that situation either as was commented......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back