Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, if it helps you deal with your disorder, Bob Whitey fed Pharlap to his 235 foot Olive.

I have a couple of questions...
Is is best to feed live or frozen ponies? How long should I leave a pony in with my snake before I throw it out or can I re-freeze it and use it later.
If frozen is best, how do I euthanise my ponies? The brick method would be out because I don't think I could swing them by the back legs. Gasing them would not be cheap and using a baseball bat would get me in trouble with the RSPCA.
Should I breed my own ponies to feed my snakes and does anyone have any tips on enclosures for them?Photos would be a great help too.I couldn't find any in the galleries.
How do I wean my snakes from rats to ponies?
Would I need to shave of the mane and tail off like people shave guinea pigs?
Do you need industrial sized freezers to keep them in?
Any advice would be welcome.

:) The opinions expressed by Greebo are his own, and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of management or other members of this site. Notices of litigation or pending RSPCA prosecution should be directed to him personally by PM or email. :)

.... and it's STILL Greebo's fault! .............

Bob, there are some people on this site that beleive that a large collection can be unmangeble and that the animals will suffer from that, I know it isnt true as I do it for many years know and can be done with little effort with good time management, for the readers what is it that you do to ensure the best posible condition of your herp with it being so large. :)

Olivaceus71 said:
marc said:
wouldnt like to say sorry, but he didnt get done for it, passing the buck and all that, to give you a clue S.Irwin testified to it

smile for the birdie, what a uproar over nothing.

I dont think it was over nothing.... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back