Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: whos been tagged by a VEN???

jack said:
1/2metre small eyed snake.

Me too. A Cairns form Eastern Small Eye. Only a little one though.
Got me on the finger and pretty much lost the use of my arm for nearly a week. I couldn't make a fist ,my fingers siezed up not to mention the sensitivity of the nerves in my arm were heightened and very painful.

Cheers, Greg.

RE: Re: RE: whos been tagged by a VEN???

small eyed venom is deceptivley potent huh..
i almost got tagged by one when i lifted a rock and made the mad grab for it after seeing the tail in some sandy dirt..i was young and silly...and lucky..
the older , more experienced guy i was with said ' are you crazy'
this was in churchhill park dandenong,we were doing a survey...

i got bitten by a small brown 2 years ago at home i didn't see it or feel it, like i felt what i thought was a dry bit of grace hit me in the anckle. My anckle got really itchy and i noticed to puncture marks on my anckle. I threw up a bit and had a little bit of diorere so dad took me to the hospital, then i got taken by ambulence to the childrens hospital for observation overnight and i never needed anti venom so it was all good.

Different snakes effect different people, I have been chewed and I mean chewed by Brown trees with no effect what so ever while a friend had to go to hispital and stay 24hrs for observation. He was quite ill. Yellow faced whip which was extremely painful to touch but ok if you didnt move it much. Swelling went down after a couple of days. That was the most embarrassing as it happened in casualty at RPA. I was doing a talk the following day and one of the audience asked how my snake bite was going. She was the Pharmacist at RPA and had seen it happen.
Glimmerman has been bitten by an eastern brown. Ask him whats its like.

Doesnt really count but got done by a little whip snake, stung a little but was fine

AntaresiaLady said:
I think I saw an episode on tv of 'Snake buster Bruce George' get tagged by a curl snake...

Made him seriously ill apparently.

I think Bruce George has just about been tagged by every venomous snake in Australia.. He got bitten by a young Death Adder on the show tonight!! 6:00pm weeknight on National Geographic channel if anyone's interested... It's a pretty good watch actually - tonight was primarily about Olive Pythons...

Chanty79 said:
AntaresiaLady said:
I think I saw an episode on tv of 'Snake buster Bruce George' get tagged by a curl snake...

Made him seriously ill apparently.

I think Bruce George has just about been tagged by every venomous snake in Australia.. He got bitten by a young Death Adder on the show tonight!! 6:00pm weeknight on National Geographic channel if anyone's interested... It's a pretty good watch actually - tonight was primarily about Olive Pythons...

god i hate bruce george, i am a beginner but i aint on TV!!! how did he go after the adder bite??

Glimmerman has been bitten by an eastern brown. Ask him whats its like.

Thanks for dobin me in mate :lol:

I was 15 when I got tagged by my approx 5-6ft East Brown. Sorry I don't have pics so it didn't happen. :mrgreen: And looking for a camera was the last thing on my mind. Lucky for me my dad was home, I had already wrapped my arm up by the time I went inside and told him. He rang my mum, who luck for me, was at work in O.R at Nepean Hospital.

It F*&%N Hurt. It hit me on the top of my left hand, a fang landed on each side of my vein. The pain kicked in in about 2 -3 secs (felt like time stopped) and then that lovely burning sensation began.That silly little bite cost me 8 days in Hospital, 3 and a bit in ICU.

I still have get sore kidneys from time to time and try not to drink to much alcohol as I pass blood the next morning. I get flash backs every time even when a hatchy non ven snaps at me.

After all that, I still love the little fellas - Just learnt to RESPECT them a lot better :wink:

i got bitten on the back of the neck by a 6ft slatey grey man it hurt like hell but it daesent really count

MrBredli said:
Yes, in fact i have been thinking about taking up skydiving or bungee jumping. Anyone keen? :)

Bungee jumping is for girls, but if you'd like to get into skydiving, get in touch :) I was into skydiving for a couple of years (I was with Commandos skydive club - crap name, great club!), I ran out of time and money when I started my honours year and had to give it up. Having just finished my honours year, I'm looking forward to getting back into it. It's probably a bit less dangerous than keeping highly venomous snakes, probably about as dangerous as frequently driving a car, but a lot more fun :) We'd occassionally get Copperheads in the old club house, the club moved to Tooradin (where there are also Copperheads), but we haven't seen any snakes there (although it's about a year since I've been down there, maybe a couple have turned up :) ).

yes once by a norther death adder (not something to be proud of) didnt hurt at all but spent time in hospital, and heaps of Yellow face whip snakes while running Brisbane Snake Catchers and the bloody hurt :p

No snake bites, but got bitten by a white tail spider and a few fish stings. the most painful bite I received was from a horse!

I was bitten by a marsh snake (or swamp snake) when I was 16 or so...I didn't have any effects from it at all besides a slight ache in the finger I was bitten on...he was only tiny though so I didn't expect too much pain.

Glimmerman you don't offten hear about the after effects of a serious bite. I didn't realise you could have kidney problems like you have talked about so long after...very interesting. Knowing now that a bite could affect my alcohol tolerance, I shall never be handling a highly venemous snake :)

the most painful bite I received was from a horse!
hehe I got bitten on the bum by a horse when I was a kid....couldn't sit down for a week!

Thats where I got bitten too!! Had a bruise the size of my fist and lost all feeling for a few months. Was riding at the time when the horse beind me had a sudden dislike to me.

Ive had a couple of love bites over the years, never catching or relocating snakes only by animals at home and all my falt,(to complacent).
Only received antivenom twice, once for a rough scale and once for a brown.
Got tagged by one of my tigers years back, and my theroy was to sweat it out, had the phone beside me and was gonna ring someone if i passed out.?? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back