Who's is the biggest?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LadyJ

I know how silly this is - but I'd like to know who here has the biggest reptile! If you've got a large snake or monitor in your collection why not a post a pic and some measurments!

I know it's random, but hey, I'm curious. :lol:

G'day LadyJ,

I have a Carpet Python here that is right on 3.0 metres long. I haven't got any photographs, but quite a few APS members have seen it at various shows and events.

Cheers

G'day LadyJ,

I have a Carpet Python here that is right on 3.0 metres long. I haven't got any photographs, but quite a few APS members have seen it at various shows and events.

Cheers

Wow, excellent! I hope one day I can one of the members to have seen it at events! :D

hi LadyJ
f coastal 14.3kg.jpg
i have posted this pic before, but a good thread to post again
i took a measurement recently and she is 3.2m
i to am interested in seeing some members big pythons, so please post some pics

cheers

to both Jamesr and Jonno, do you know what age that they 'slowed' with their growing, i've read differing opinions as to when a python is classed as an 'adult' and will slow their growth rate, 3yo seems to be the common opinion,

and do you know what locale your beauties are from ? The reason i ask is that i have a 2 1/2yo Brissie Coastal, who has just passed the 2m mark, and i'm curious as to how much more she is likely to grow, and maybe in a few years, i can put up oics of my own 3m + python,

haha jamesjr that thing is huge mate..! nice

mines the biggest, its freakin huge!

oh wait, pythons, na I just got a little maccie....

Thanks a heap everyone! More pictures would be great - bonus points if you're handling! :)

omg its huge, do u handle often and has she eva gone ya while she has been this big, dont want mine to grow this big *scared*

Look at my
Profile pic st my mates scrubby biggest I seen in captivity without being in a zoo

i ran this post awhile back and good some pics of some monsters...some where just crazy!!! keep up the good work everyone!

to both Jamesr and Jonno, do you know what age that they 'slowed' with their growing, i've read differing opinions as to when a python is classed as an 'adult' and will slow their growth rate, 3yo seems to be the common opinion,

and do you know what locale your beauties are from ? The reason i ask is that i have a 2 1/2yo Brissie Coastal, who has just passed the 2m mark, and i'm curious as to how much more she is likely to grow, and maybe in a few years, i can put up oics of my own 3m + python,

I can only speak from my own experience growing out most of my snakes over the years,
i believe that there potential size they can obtain depends on how there feed for the first few years,
but if you after a larger python having hatchies from larger parents also helps. I feed all mine every 5-7 days for the first
2years, but reducing this amount through the cooler months even though they are still kept warm,
once they are over 2years old i start to feed fortnightly. Feeding this way i have found that they grow mostly
in length and don't start to really thicken up(girth) to about 4years of age, once they are over 6years i feed a large
meal monthly,only through the warmer months.
So id say your carpet defiantly still has some growing to do.
hope this helps

cheers

yeah scrubbies are great,but you expect big with them ...BUT I LOVE THE BIG COASTALS... voodoo and james top stuff ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back