Who's is the biggest?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only speak from my own experience growing out most of my snakes over the years,
i believe that there potential size they can obtain depends on how there feed for the first few years,
but if you after a larger python having hatchies from larger parents also helps. I feed all mine every 5-7 days for the first
2years, but reducing this amount through the cooler months even though they are still kept warm,
once they are over 2years old i start to feed fortnightly. Feeding this way i have found that they grow mostly
in length and don't start to really thicken up(girth) to about 4years of age, once they are over 6years i feed a large
meal monthly,only through the warmer months.
So id say your carpet defiantly still has some growing to do.
hope this helps

cheers

thanks, given that she was a slow starter, (55g and 60cm at a year old - when i got her) and she is now 2m+ at 2 1/2yo fed on 'demand' ~10 days, i'm guessing she's not going to slow down in a hurry, i knew they could get to 3m, and she is housed accordingly, but i wasn't holding my breath she'd get anywhere near it,
Give me another 12 months and i'll dig this thread back up and hopefully come close to matching some of these fine specimens.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back