Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deebo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i am just wondering why a lot of snakes always seem to be sold in pairs? I am assuming that they are sold as male and female for breeding purposes. If there is some other reason coudl you please let me knwo why.

thanks. Dave

i would be guessing as well thats its because the breeders dont want to be stuck with lone males.

there are a few reasons.
first are already breeding pairs for example
a male and female 3yo murray darling carpet thats already breed would be sold as a pair because there would be more intrest in a breeding pair than two individuals.
secoand are some monogomus (pair for life) animals such as stumpy/shinglebacks are sold in pair because they buyer would feel more confident in getting two animals that are already pair'd
and last reason is expenive animals such as mangrove monitors, GTP's. Womas and BHP's can be sold as a deal for the pair so you get them cheaper and the breeder sells two reptiles instead of one which is good if they have 50+ juvi snakes to get rid of.
there would be more reasons but these are the main ones i know about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back