Why are geckos so expensive?`

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*** GUYS!!Are use all calling $100 bucks expensive!!Over here we have to pay $250-$300 on a single knob tailed gecko!and $150-$180 on a single thick tailed gecko!!

$250 is the usual price for pilbarensis anyway, doesn't matter whether you are in WA or not.

*** GUYS!!Are use all calling $100 bucks expensive!!Over here we have to pay $250-$300 on a single knob tailed gecko!and $150-$180 on a single thick tailed gecko!!

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_Boy
$100 is alot for a gecko??
People spend this just buying their lunches at work or a night out on the turps and don't think twice.

$100 dolars for lunch? Where are you shopping. Besides, I don't think people understand what I am saying. I said ATLEAST 100 dolars. That meaning $100 to whatever the most expensive is. "

Please read answers

you can get thicktail's for $70 but seriously if people genuinely like the animal they will pay whatever they are prepared to some love gecko's and will happilly shell out $2000 other's dont see what's so great about them. then supply and demand etc also play's into the equation.:)

I don't think they are expensive, if you truly want one then you would be prepared to pay for it even if it meant saving up... To me it just seems like you just had a "Hey that seems like a good idea i'll get one" spare of the moment choice.

Btw are you also going to complain about the price of crickets/woodies to feed it because they aren't big either?

wow. if $100 is expensive i pitty what ever you buy if it gets sick. id guess you wouldnt want to spend your money taking it to the vet either. start an ant farm, it wont cost you much

Diamonds (the rock type) are small.....and they cost alot more than a gecko.... The reason they can be some what pricey is the same reason you went out looking to get one. Also being small make them attractive to a large amount of people who don't want big enclosures around the house, yet want to try to breed something.

$100 dolars for lunch? Where are you shopping. .

I meant per week.
If you are baulking at the price of purchasing the gecko, i could imagine what would happen if it got sick and you found out the cost of a vet fee.

I don't think they are expensive, if you truly want one then you would be prepared to pay for it even if it meant saving up... To me it just seems like you just had a "Hey that seems like a good idea i'll get one" spare of the moment choice.

Btw are you also going to complain about the price of crickets/woodies to feed it because they aren't big either?
It was a "Hey that seems like a good idea i'll get one" thought because I had a small aquarium I wasn't using. I thought geckos would be cheap because I thought they are just an animal you find around the garden, and when breeding, they wouldn't take up as much room as a snake. But I guess there is more to it.

When you have an addiction price isn't a worry. Around $170 to $200 maybe more.

Attachments

• troywebb25aug08cropped.jpg
    troywebb25aug08cropped.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back