Wildlife photography

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levis

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, :D
I am 14 yrs old and got into photography about a year ago. i mainly focus on birds and other animals, but sometimes experiment with other things. I Just thought i would post up some of my photographs for your enjoyment. thanks for looking :)
IMG_2724.jpg

A portrait of a pelican

IMG_2170.jpg

A black swan

IMG_3396.jpg

A Bar-tailed Godwit.

IMG_7263.jpg

A cool looking dragonfly, i found.

IMG_0351-2jpgparro0t.jpg
A Male Australian Ringneck, found in Western Australia.

If you would like to view some more of my work, feel free to check out my website: NatureScapes Photography

Cheers
-Micah

Last edited:
The dragonfly is great. I do a bit of photography too, I got some good shots or birds and lions in south Africa.

These are absolutely fantastic :) I have absolutely no advice for you that wont come with age and more expensive equipment. Some of your focal points arent 100% but its a brilliant effort for your age. And artistically speaking you have your editing down exceptionally well :) You probably blurred the foreground a little too much on the mallee ringneck, but you used perfect tones for the dragonfly and the pelican photo is awesome... you went against all those cliche pelican pictures.
I love the pelican one... the use of black and white and the water on his beak... looks like tears... like someone else said, sombre. As though you are making a statement :) It made me think about the pelicans that died in the BP oil spill.

Micah, the pelican and godwit are stunning :) I'm really taken aback that a 14yo has taken these! (that's a compliment ;)) Keep it up, mate! WOW! (I hope you're entering these two in ANZANG's young photographers category! Do it!)

Your eye for a good image is very impressive keep up the good work :)

Wow, really nice. Thanks for sharing!

WOW, i am honoured, thanks alot guys, All these nice comments really mean alot to me :)

Giggles, Thanks, I don not live in the redlands area ( not sure where it is :lol: ),
I only just moved to the gold coast, (been here for a couple of months now :) )

edstar: i use a CANON eos 350D with a 75-300mm ef lens and a 18-55mm, which waas given to me for free by someone on a photography forum :) which was amazing, thay said they wanted to encourage young people! :)

One again thanks everyone for commenting, it truly means alot to me, I will post up some more soon :)

cheers -Micah

These photos are terrific! Did you have lessons or teach yourself? I have only just joined my local photography club. My photos aren't that great yet but its reassuring to know that after 12 months I could also be taking shots like these!!!

I'll keep practicing :lol:

Thanks alot guys,
Karly- I taught myself. I had a term of school because we just moved over to the gold coast so i was basically out all day every day birdwatching and taking photos. :lol:

Awesome photos mate, stick with it you have a real talent there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back