Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

africancichlidau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
There have been two of these video files posted in the last 2 days and I have been unable to open them to view cos I don't have a programme compatible with them. Can anyone tell me what progs would I need to be able to view these files?

windows media player [version 7 or above] you can download them free, just search google etc. antivirus scan though just in case. I think also real one player will handle them too, find as above. :D p.s. i think all windows os have them built in, find it under accessories, then entertainment. you can download updated versions, just make it your default player and specify all file types in its properties and away you go.

Speaking of fishtanks, I want to silicon a glass ramp in mine for my turtles. wondering how long silicon takes to dry thouraly also if i could use it to glue on gravel for traction so they can climb on? any good? is it stong enough to join two bits of glass, one horizontal and the joining one at an angle?, or will i need another product or extra support strut?

LMAO! you funny old codger you! :D :D :D ........I only limp on my middle leg!

wattso it should say on the side of the silcon tub, make sure is marien silcon, I would leave for a week if you can. glueing pebbles on the ramp would look pritty cool, what kind of turtle is it

Have one Emydura Mcquarii [shortneck] and one chelodina longicollis [eastern long neck. Thanks for that tip, looks like ill have turtles in the bath for a week.lol :D

......Lol, its not how long it is that counts, its what ya can do with it!

Wattso, as long as the two pieces are also siliconed to the side of the tank along their full length it will be plenty strong enough. It is best to clamp any joints you make until they set, (not always possible cos of their location though).

I have seen keepers use that astro turf for the ramp what do you guys think of it

your probably right but it didnt seem to be a problem, I tell you what the stupid $500 thermostat that I got on incubator failed and cooked my 26 ackie eggs not a pleasent day

Astroturf not only moulds but loose threads can be an ingestion hazard to inquisitive turts ,even fatal. you can singe them but the stuff falls apart after a while.looksok when its new tho. sorry to hear about your eggs Marc, ya must be spewing. Maybe next clutch, rig 2 thermostats in case one fails??/

Aw S**T mate what a bummer. Just a tip, if ya building an incubator it is always worth putting in an additional "fail safe" thermostat. From what I gather eggs can handle a short period of lower temps much better than a short period of higher temps. Sorry mate, I know everything is easy with hindsight but it could come in useful next time. Really sorry to hear of your loss :(

maybe I will put on two with an alarm on it, spewing is not the words I used....bugger....dam...oh deary me

You could perhaps try marine carpet Wattso? I use it in most of my snake enclosures and it works out great :) Not too sure how it would go with mould though but would think it better than astroturf ?

Yup, i want to buy a few meters soon for montys tank, but i think gravel/pebbles be better in the water. ~cheers

Yer my murray shortneck would try and eat the astro turf.He would sit there and try rip it off.Also i think rocks are easier to clean and not as smelly.I changed from turf to rock pretty quickly i reckon it looked better aswell.Do the 2 turtles co-exist together well or are housed seperately.My turtles sre gone know and the tank is full of african cichlids(seem very popular).Keen on a big pond outside for some turts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back