Woma missing, need ideas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicwolf4

Reaction score
My Woma has got out of the viv. My son was caring for them and we think he didn't close the slides properly and we believe she got out overnight. There is both a lock and a magnet on there for safety.
Does anyone have any ideas where they go to hide? We have turned the house almost upside down, but don't think she could have got out through the front door.
I'm absolutely frantic!! Please don't flame me as I try to do everything to make sure my babies are safe and secure, this was NOT my fault and this is why I'm asking for help

Just block all holes where the snake can escape the house. Try something like behind the fridge (where its hot). Keep on turning the house upside down, the fun part is yet to come... cleaning up lol. Good luck

We looked in the back of both the fridge and freezer, got all outside escape zones blocked. Going to put some powder down tonight when it's a bit quieter. Not looking forward to the clean up, it's feed day today, so hopefully hunger will bring her out as she LOVES her food lol

hey there when i started out i had a few break outs,i have always found mine near a heat source like the fridge although one of my diamonds was wrapped around the wire on a picture frame near my bedroom door i noticed it crooked 3 days later,havnt had my womas escape but there not very arboreal so i would be checking down low in cupboard draws etc keep doors shut should turn up best of luck.

not your fault, you let your son care (not) for snake. a lock and magnet for safety, they didnt work. hope its still in your house. look under and in lounges, in the back of the fridge, turn all lights on late at night after your house has been dark and look around. hopefully your snake will come out to play when its dark. you could even try putting a rodent in a cage in the middle of a room and hope that it attracts your snake.

Put heaps of plastic bags all around the room and have a liten for them rustling when it's on the prowl. Maybe lie in the room with the lights off and a torch handy.

i had a brown tree go missing , i found it ten hours later under my couch she had gotten up under the linning and was hiding in the frame work.

I heard of someone finding their snake after 7 months :) Don't give up yet. Good luck!

The fun part of turning a house upside down is that you can't just do it once and give up. Overnight your snake could move and end up somewhere you have already searched. So don't overlook places you have already checked. I am not familiar with woma's. Are they high climbers or stay on the ground? That would give you some idea where to look, but even non-arboreal snakes will climb steps and end up higher than you think.

We found one of my snakes inside my husband's sub woofer. So check speakers, inside DVD players (if he's only little), any holes in the lounge for him to get inside it? Overnight, plant some things around the house that are easily knocked over so that if he's on the move, you might hear him. Maybe check out the house in the dark at night, about half hour or so after everyone goes to bed he might venture out, too when he thinks nobody is looking.

One of my big carpets escaped her enclosure just two weeks ago. But she is too noisy to lose. She knocked a metal bowl down off the top of my book shelf one night, then the next night she got out again and knocked things down off top of TV cabinet. Cheeky girl, too clumsy. But her man has been missing now for 5 months :( he was 6foot, and no where to be found.

I'm a bit scared to move things again, I don't want to risk harming her. I have put flour around the floor along with a couple of hides and fresh mice every night now. Woma's aren't good climbers, but do a little when they have to, I don't have a lot of high places for her to hide though, so I tend to think she's either hiding somewhere OR she got out under the door before we noticed she was missing (really hoping not). I'm hoping that getting under the door would be impossible as I can't even get my little finger in the gap and she is quite thick in her girth.
I'm not giving up until I have covered every option possible and I do thank everyone for their ideas, I am trying all of your information as I can.

It's really upsetting because she was my first snake and I had saved for years to get both her and the vivarium. I had got exactly the snake I wanted as my first and set the viv up to be both safe and secure.

if that's ur kitten in ur display pic i'd keep an eye out to make sure it doesnt get swallowed by a hungry woma :p

goodluck finding it. maybe try underneath electrical things which are constantly warm like a set top box or sumthing. not sure
hope it didnt get out

She is my kitten RC(recycled cat) and she's a lot bigger now than she was when that pic was taken. I'm still trying and setting my alarm for different times overnight to sneak out with a torch and have a look. Cats get shut away when we go to bed, just incase she gets attacked by them.

Just a question. Does anyone know just how flat woma's can make their bodies? My front door has a gap of about 4mm, she is quite thick around her body and I doubt she could fit through, but I'm not sure and would appreciate feedback on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back