Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

repty23

Reaction score
Hi guyz..

Ive been wanting a woma for a while now and i was wondering what setup do you need? ive got a 1200 L by 600 H by 600 W is that big enough for it and what do i need in it uv light, thermostat, humidifier, heat mat, subtrate etc.

Thanks

i forgot to add this..

what is the setup when they are a hatchling?

Thank......again

That should be a good size they are not overly large . Don't need uv temps 30-32 at hot end use a heat globe not a heat mat substrate u can use fake grass newspaper bark ( don't feed on bark) and a juvi a big click clack set up

im also setting an enclosure up for a woma. buying an adult.
what about sand? is that all good aswell?
i have a ceramic globe in the basking area, so is that all the heating i need for it, as long as its between 30-32 at the hot end?

A 3X2X2 enclosure is perfect 4 a woma,as a hatchling l'd use a click clack with some red desert sand with a hide at 1 end & a water bowl at the other & that should b fine 2 start with.Serp.jpg

That should be a good size they are not overly large . Don't need uv temps 30-32 at hot end use a heat globe not a heat mat substrate u can use fake grass newspaper bark ( don't feed on bark) and a juvi a big click clack set up

Thanks for info guyz i think this is want im goona get when baby:

1x A cage 350 L by 250 W by 100 H
1x heat mat
1x hideing place
shreded newspaper
1x small waterbow
1x fake plant

When Adult
1x 1200 L 600 H 600 W cage
1x large waterbowl
2x big fake plants
1x 100w infared light
1x heat mat
Shreded Newspaper
1x large hide place
1x 1x big log

Is this any good Thanks

and for both of them a thermostat forgot to add that and do i need a humidifier?

try not to use sands in the Enclosure champion as it ca harness Bacteria.. And as for feeding on bark.. These animals are snakes guys.. they arent born into eating off Dinnerplates.. they come from the Bush remember....?

Repty,That all sounds good 4 a costal carpet but womaz come from desert areas l just use red desert sand & a slate slab under there sunglow globe 4 them 2 bask on,my uluru woma has a fake termite mound as well that he likes 2 move around.

where did u get the fake termite mound from...? and whats it worth? im looking around for some decorating stuff.
think im gonna stick with the sand..

Pratty l got it from waterlife aquarium thay have 3 shops here in melbourne got it 4 $80 bucks mate bargin as venom my uluru woma luvz the thing always around it twisting & terning with it.082.jpg

l never feed my snakes in there enclosures always in a clean click clack that way thay dont strike at me when l open them.

as for feeding on bark.. These animals are snakes guys.. they arent born into eating off Dinnerplates.. they come from the Bush remember....?
u could prob feed on bark if you want to but if some sticks to the food and they injest it you could be up for some big vet bills or a dead snake. ill rather just not risk it and feed it in a clean container. i have 2 womas i just use a few layers of news paper or some marine carpet, easy to clean and change. And repty23 u dont need a humidifier.

hey guys thanks for info my friend has 4 snakes but he has no info on womas but he thinks that you don't need heat mats is this true thanks?

And i forgot to add this at the very start...... are they any good for a beginner snake??

i keep all mine (and there are many) is 1000 x 600 x 500mm enclosures, substrate is sae dust (about 2-3 inches thick, they LOVE to burrow in it) large ceramic water bowl and i use heat mats for heating with absolutely no issues... actually i wouldn't do it any other way to be honest. the mats are at 33 degrees... cold end gets to room temp... in winter thats in the low teens.

hope that helps.

saw dust? what kind? any special treatment for reptile use?

try not to use sands in the Enclosure champion as it ca harness Bacteria.. And as for feeding on bark.. These animals are snakes guys.. they arent born into eating off Dinnerplates.. they come from the Bush remember....?

try telling that to my wild caught CTS who swallowed a piece of bark and had a very bad couple of months as a result.
you are right about sand though, there is also a chance of the sand getting into the cloaca and causing problems. feeding on sand can also lead to impaction, i would stay away from it personally.

you do not need a humidifier, infact they are a bad idea for them. GTP are basically the only python that you would consider putting a humidifier in with.

they are a great beginner snake, but they are on an advanced license in victoria, so be aware of that if applying for your license

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back